UNDP/Federal Government Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme 2021
The target of the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme is to place 20,000 highly skilled Nigerian youth in private and public sector organisations spanning various types, sizes and industries across the country.
Application Deadline: Not specified
About the Award: Chances are we’ve all been there – fresh graduate with little work experience, starting at the bottom of the corporate ladder. The one thing that resonates with most leaders and mid-level executives’ years down the line is their wish for support at the start of their careers – a little push to get one foot in the door, or help them to master the ropes.
In Nigeria, a country still recovering from an economic recession and the multisector impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s even harder to match accessible talent with entry-level roles. The Fellowship seeks to bridge the gap between young graduates and organisations human resource demands on the job market by connecting talented Nigerian youth with local work opportunities.
The NJFP is a youth empowerment partnership initiative championed by the Federal Government of Nigeria to mitigate the development impact of rising national unemployment and underemployment rates. The Fellowship is supported by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and other partners.
Eligibility: The programme targets a broad range of sectors including the start-up economy, innovation and creative industries, the digital and technology sector, the green economy sector, financial services, key public and international development institutions, research and development, agriculture, real estate, construction, transportation, and health services. In other words, there is a place for every organisation in this programme.
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Fellows will receive a monthly stipend. This will be covered by the NJFP for the first year.
Why NJFP? Benefits to your organisation’s participation:
- Cost Savings – No HR agencies, advertising costs, lengthy triple-round interview process, or salary costs. The NJFP has you covered.
- Increased Productivity – Access to a wide range of highly qualified candidates with cutting-edge skills relevant to your organisation that will help to increase your team’s productivity.
- Improved Brand Image – Boosting your corporate social responsibility work and by showing commitment to give back to the community engagement in the programme will contribute to a positive brand image for your organization.
- Expanded Network – You will be a part of the NJFP network of national and regional private and public sector entities as well gain access to an expanded pool of experienced, employable young Nigerian expertise to draw from.
- Increased Policy Influence – Access to a national platform for deliberative public policy reform discussions on education, employment and relevant industry policy issues.
Duration of Award: A 12-month fully paid programme designed to enhance their employability, building leadership competencies and transferring on-the-job skills.
How to Apply I’m Interested!