Goethe University PhD & PostDoc Positions 2022 for International Scholars
At the Faculty of Social Sciences at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, the following delegation position is to be filled at the Professorship for Sociology with a focus on empirical educational research on February 1, 2022:
Pedagogical employee (m / d / f)
14th August 2021
Candidates should have a MA degree (or equivalent) in the fields of peace and conflict studies, International Relations, or political science. The PhD project pursued by the candidate should deal with terrorist groups or counter-terrorism in the MENA region or Sub-Saharan Africa. Excellent English languages skills, very good Arabic or French, and a good of German, as well as substantial experience abroad are required. Profound knowledge of quantitative or qualitative research methods are an asset.
Employment requirements :
- completed teaching degree
- Proof of at least three years of school service after passing the 2nd state examination in a school subject close to the area of responsibility, in particular “Politics and Economics” or “Social Sciences”
To be Taken at (Country):
Number of Awards:
Value & Duration of Award:
- The secondment takes place for a period of four years.
- The salary grade is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-GU). The research associate will be based at the Peace Research Institute Frankfurt (PRIF) and work within the research group on terrorism.
Activities include teaching and exams for student teachers in the field of education.
The area of responsibility includes :
- Implementation of practical school studies in educational science studies for teacher training students in all subjects
- Supervision of the block internships (including school visits)
- Conducting educational science proseminars (on one or more of the following subject areas: upbringing and educational theories; social and cultural living and learning conditions; political education; communication and conflict; mediality; gender; educational systems; school as an organization; teaching profession or individual professionalization)
- Supervision of academic term papers for student teachers
- Acceptance of (state examination) exams in sociology or political science
How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted by the competent school authority with an appraisal report from the school principal to the dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences at Goethe University, Theodor , by enclosing certificates, a curriculum vitae and the reference number 14/2021 , by August 14 , 2021 -W.-Adorno-Platz 6, 60323 Frankfurt am Main. If you have submitted your application through official channels, please inform us about it by email: [email protected]