African German Young Leaders in Business 2021 for Young African Leaders
Applications are open for the African German Young Leaders in Business 2021 for Young African Leaders
Application Deadline:15th August 2021
About the African German Young Leaders in Business:
African German Young Leaders in Business (AGYLE) connects young African and German leaders from business, politics and the media to establish a long-term business network and to develop innovative business models. The goal of AGYLE is to strengthen the African-German dialogue and to lay the foundation for cross-border economic cooperation.
AGYLE is a programme of the Agency for Business and Economic Development (AWE) and Germany – Land of Ideas. AWE is funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and supported by GIZ and DEG.
AGYLE’s motto for 2021 is:
“Crisis as a Chance – Young Leaders Prototyping the Future”
Whether in business, politics or public health – crises are changing our lives worldwide. The COVID-19 pandemic has shown, in real time, how our everyday lives must change and adapt in order to overcome the challenges. But how can we shape this change in a proactive and positive way, and how can economic cooperation enable healthy, safe, fair and sustainable living?
Are you a young leader
- up to 40 years of age
- from the fields of business, politics or media
- from Germany, Ethiopia, Ghana or Rwanda
- who has already taken on professional leadership responsibility
- who is socially engaged in addition to her/his professional activities
- who is interested in African-German topics
- who is willing to actively participate in the Young Leaders Alumni network?
Selection: AGYLE builds a bridge between young African and German leaders and establishes a sustainable business network. A jury will select forty participants from Germany, Ethiopia, Ghana and Rwanda. All young leaders will be invited to a digital week in October 2021 and an innovative face-to-face event in Berlin in 2022.
To be Taken at (Country): Germany
Number of Awards: 40
Value of Award:
- AGYLE-Week and Business Networking: Selected young leaders are invited to join the AGYLE week, which will focus on interdisciplinary exchange and networking, professional motivation and cross-border cooperation to develop innovative business models. In 2021, this event will be held digitally due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Virtual Design Thinking Lab: The heart of the programme is a virtual design thinking lab, in which mixed teams develop and refine selected ideas and business models. A jury will award a prize for the most innovative and promising idea at the final event. The week will be rounded off by virtual discussion rounds, keynote speeches, bar camps, company tours and cultural activities. In addition, all participants will be introduced to an exclusive digital business network.
How to Apply: In addition to a letter of motivation, a letter of recommendation and a CV, participants must also submit a short personal video statement. A jury will review all submitted documents after the official application deadline.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.