Nedbank External Bursary Programme 2021 for South African Students
Supporting academically deserving students with proven financial need to take their first steps toward achieving their dreams and obtain their first undergraduate degree.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
About the Award: At Nedbank we believe in using our financial expertise to do good by helping bright young leaders to pursue their academic dreams.
The Nedbank External Bursary Programme (bursary) aims to fund academically deserving students who do not have the financial means to study fulltime towards a first undergraduate degree or diploma at a South African public university or university of technology. The aim of the bursary programme is to address South Africa’s scarce-skills shortages, with a specific focus on green economy skills.
In short, green economy promotes sustaining and advancing economic, environmental and social well-being. Green-economy skills refer to those areas of study that focus on improving human well-being and social equity, while also significantly reducing environmental risks and ecological scarcities. Green-economy skills include the reducing of carbon emissions and pollution, increasing energy and materials efficiency and enhancing our natural capital.
- We will only consider applications from South African citizens.
- You must have a proven financial need, as determined by household income.
- You must have obtained the following minimum academic results:
- An average of 65% in the year that you are applying for the bursary, ie in grade 12 or at university level.
- An average of 65% for the required subjects aligned to the degree you plan to study at university.
- We will not consider applicants who completed their grade 12 or senior certificate with Mathematics Literacy.
- You must have obtained admission to a South African public university or university of technology for the undergraduate qualification you plan to study.
The screening process:
- 1. We will only consider bursary applications submitted online via the link we have provided.
- 2. Incomplete bursary applications will be rejected.
- 3. Bursary applications will be screened and shortlisted according to the qualifying criteria listed as mentioned above.
Eligible Countries: South Africa
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
How to Apply: Supporting documents required for your application
1. A certified copy of your South African identity card/document.
2. Your most recent academic transcript, ie:
2.1 Grade 11 final results, as well as your mid-year results if you are currently in grade 12.
2.2 Grade 12 final results as well as your mid-year results if you are currently in your first year at university.
2.3 Your last academic year results as well as your current mid-year results if you are currently in your second or third year at university.
3. The financial checks affidavit must be signed by:
3.1 your parent(s) or guardian(s);
3.2 you, the bursary applicant.
Download the affidavit here, completed it, make sure it is signed by all the parties above and add it to your application.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.