Women in Engineering (WomEng) HB Antwerp Innovation Lab 2021 for Botswana Women
Applications are open for the Women in Engineering (WomEng) HB Antwerp Innovation Lab 2021. The HB Antwerp Innovation Lab prepares soon-to-be graduates with skills for the engineering and technology industry. The program will include an intensive month-long virtual core program, followed by two months of virtual support and mentorship.
Application Deadline: 2nd August 2021, 23h59 SAST.
About the Award: The HB Antwerp Innovation Lab prepares soon-to-be graduates with skills for the engineering and technology industry. The programme will include an intensive month-long virtual core programme, followed by two months of virtual support and mentorship. Participants in the programme will also improve their skillsets, including innovation and intrapreneurship; gain a greater understanding of the practical implications of engineering; and enhance their confidence in public speaking and networking. Our core learning pillars include innovation, leadership and intrapreneurship.
The programme has been created to support Batswana pursuing STEM careers, offering meaningful, in-country training and job opportunities. The programme also aims to support the economy of Botswana, fostering long-term talent development and brand exposure for new graduates and mid-career engineers, while furthering gender parity in the diamond industry. Additionally, HB Antwerp aims to extend job offers to some of the participants upon completion of the programme.
- Applications are open to students of any gender
- Applicants must be citizens of Botswana
- Applicants must be studying full-time towards an engineering tertiary level qualification at a university or university of technology in Botswana or neighbouring countries with the vision to remain or return to Botswana for full-time work.
- Applicants must be in their penultimate to final year i.e. 3rd or 4th year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies.
- Applicants must be able to commit 3 – 5 hours per week in September 2021 for the core virtual program. This will be followed by a support programme in October – November 2021 requiring an average time commitment of 1 – 2 hours a week.
- Applications must be completed online. It is recommended that responses are completed offline first as you cannot save your application and return.
- The deadline for submission of completed applications is 02 August 2021, 23h59 SAST.
- An expert panel will screen and shortlist applicants. Successful applicants will be contacted by 20 August 2021.
- Further details regarding the program delivery will be communicated directly to successful applicants.
Eligible Countries: Botswana
Number of Awards:
Value of Award:
- Gain exclusive access to resources on innovation, leadership and intrapreneurial skills.
- Gain a greater understanding of the practical implications of engineering.
- Enhance confidence in public speaking and networking.
- Gain the opportunity to be recruited by HB Antwerp in January 2022.
How to Apply: Applications must be completed online.
For queries, email [email protected]
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.