Apply to the University of Minnesota/Accligen 2 5-year grad fellowships for women from Sub-saharan Africa, An Sci & Vet Med. Project related to introgression of genes into native dairy cattle populations including milk yield, tick resistance, and heat tolerance.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2021
About the Award: Designed to support a qualified, female graduate students from the Sub-Saharan region with up to five years of full funding support to obtain a research doctoral degree in 2 areas of study.
Animal Science Degree:
- For qualified students looking to obtain a Ph.D. in Animal Science while being part of a larger research team project on – Precision crossbreeding for African Dairy Production Systems.
- The candidate for Animal Science will complete a Ph.D. thesis project supporting research to develop selection schemes and/or breeding programs for dairy farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa using Acceligen’s precision bred Gir, Holstein, and Girlando animals to improve sustainable production from their current animals or herds.
Vet Med Degree
- For qualified students looking to obtain a Ph.D. in the Veterinary Medicine Graduate Program while being part of a larger research team project on – Precision crossbreeding for African Dairy Production Systems.
- The candidate for Veterinary Medicine will complete a Ph.D. thesis project supporting research to characterize animal health phenotypes from bovine dairy animals bred by gene editing to possess traits for resistance to bovine tuberculosis and trypanosomiasis.
Eligible Countries: Sub-saharan African countries
To be Taken at (Country): USA
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Fully-funded
How to Apply: Apply below
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Visit Award Webpage for Details