Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program 2022 for Young African Women
Applications are open for the Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program 2022 for Young African women to take up short-term positions in various locations. See below for more info.
Application Deadline: Varying
Req Id: 5740
About the Award: Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program is a global apprenticeship program designed to accelerate job-readiness for careers in technology.
We’re looking for women who are enthusiastic about tech and would like to build a career in the technology industry. The Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Programme’s mission is to recruit, develop and upskill unconventional talent for employability into the technology industry worldwide. As part of our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion drive, we are creating more opportunities for female engineers to launch their career through the LEAP Apprenticeship.
At Microsoft, we know there are many pathways into the technology industry and into our organization. We’re constantly looking for new ways to create unconventional entry points for talent and leverage the skills and experiences of talent from outside the traditional academic paths.
In 2015, we launched the Leap Program to introduce more people to work in the tech industry. The program offers an immersive 16-week apprenticeship for those who have a base foundation of technical training. This apprenticeship program combines in-classroom learning with hands-on engineering projects, working on real teams and real products within our organization such as Azure, Xbox, Bing, and Office365.
Whether it’s a stay-at-home parent interested in re-entering the workforce or someone who is ready for a ‘second act,’ the stories from current and former participants are truly inspiring. Not only is Leap launching new cohorts across the country and the globe, but it’s also re-launching the lives of countless individuals looking to make an impact.
This role will:
- Serve as single point of contact for customers, gathering information needed to resolve cases, setting expectations, and delivering guidance on resolutions while a technical team works to resolve critical system issues.
- Assign appropriate severity level, category, priority, and team to each incident.
- Manage the end-to-end customer case lifecycle to ensure incidents are resolved accurately and timely, proactively following up and engaging with the customer.
- Collaborate and seek guidance from technical engineers, subject matter experts, and other team members to validate your approach, escalating to higher level technical support as needed.
- Maintain documentation for all cases, including queries, process steps, resolutions consistent with commitments, and prescribed protocols, always protecting confidential and sensitive information.
Eligibility for Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program:
In this role:
- A bachelor’s or HND degree is required, in any discipline. Computer science/IT-related coursework is an advantage.
- At least 6+ months of professional technical experience after degree completion are required, e.g., internship.
- Must have completed the compulsory National Youth Service Corps programme.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English is required.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Passion for technology and learning is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Solutions such as Azure, Microsoft Dynamics, and M365 is an advantage.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program:
- A career in tech. Work with the biggest and best names in technology.
- We are looking for teammates who want to be part of the tech movement. People who want to progress their career now and gain experience for tomorrow. We celebrate diversity in every way. In fact, it’s the reason we’ve grown so fast. If you like being part of a global team, are passionate about technology and creative problem solving, and want to leave a mark bigger than yourself, we should talk.
How to Apply for Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program:
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.