DSI-NRF Master’s, Doctoral & Post-doctoral Fellowships 2021 – Wits University
Applications for 2022 bursaries and post-doctoral fellowships have opened.
Application Deadline: 26th February 2021
About the Award: Each year the DSI-NRF Centre of Excellence in Human Development awards bursaries to high-performing Master’s and Doctoral students and Post-doctoral fellows who wish to do research that falls into one of the CoE’s four thematic or cross-cutting areas:
Type: Master’s, Doctoral & Post-doctoral
- That Master’s students must fulfil the requirements for their degree within two years and have at least one co-authored paper in a peer-reviewed journal accepted for publication;
- That Doctoral students must fulfil the requirements for their degrees within three years and have at least two first-authored papers accepted for publication or published;
- That Post-Doctoral Fellows must have at least two first- or co-authored papers accepted for publication, in press or published in each year of the three-year fellowship.
Eligible Countries: Any
To be Taken at (Country): South Africa
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value & Duration of Award:
- Master’s students are funded for two years at R70 000 a year
- Doctoral students are funded for three years at R100 000 a year
- Post-Doctoral Fellows are funded for three years at R200 000 a year
How to Apply: Applications may be made by students directly or by supervisors on behalf of students. The grant and bursary rules can be found here.
PLEASE USE THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE: BURSARY APPLICATION 2022
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.