Estonian School of Diplomacy (ESD) Full Scholarships 2021/2022 for Young Diplomats and Civil Servants
In the academic year 2021/2022 Estonian School of Diplomacy (ESD), in co-operation with the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, offers full scholarships for young diplomats and civil servants to participate in the Postgraduate Diploma program International Relations and European Integration taking place at the Estonian School of Diplomacy in Tallinn, from September 2021 until May 2022.
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2021
Eligible Countries: Low and Middle Income countries
To be taken at (country): Tallinn, Estonia
Field of Study: Training course will be on International Relations and European Integration with the value of 60 ECTS Credit Points.
The training course includes three thematic modules:
Eligibility: The person applying for the scholarship:
– comes from a country eligible for ODA (developing country. See in link below)
– is not older than 35 years (when applying);
– has at least a BA degree;
– has very good command of English (speaking, reading, writing skills are required at the level of advanced);
– is currently employed by their country’s/territory’s foreign or civil service and has been working there for at least one year;
– is highly motivated to learn about international relations and related disciplines. Priority will be given to the candidates strongly motivated to continue their professional careers within the service of their respective country/territory;
– is hard working, co-operative and ready for cross-cultural study environment.
Number of Scholarships: Not specific
Value of Scholarship:
- tuition fee;
– monthly allowance (450 EUR);
– accommodation in Tallinn (incl. utilities and internet connection);
– health insurance in Estonia during the studies;
– cost of Schengen visa and Estonian residence permit;
– scholarship does NOT cover the costs of travel to and from Tallinn.
Duration of Scholarship: Training course International Relations and European Integration is for 9 months.
How to Apply: The applicant should complete/submit by 31 May 2021:
- Application with a passport-sized photo
- CV in English
- Personal statement [motivation letter], 1 page [300-400 words] in length, explaining the reasons why you are applying, your relevant previous experience, and how studying at ESD will benefit your future professional development
- Copy of the degree diploma from the institution of higher education attended most recently (accompanied by unofficial English translation if the diploma is not in English)
- Copy of the academic record from the institution of higher education attended most recently (with unofficial English translation if necessary)
- Copy of passport photo/data page
- An academic essay of 4 pages (1,300-1,500 words with references) to be written on one of the topics below:
- Impact of Covid-19 to the future of Europe
- China – a partner or a foe?
- Multilateral reset in the US – dream or reality?
- Is soft power a successful tool to tackle the climate crisis?
- Digital diplomacy – interim measure or way forward?
- Application documents can be submitted by using Online Scholarship Application System.
- Application must reach ESD by 31 May 2021 the latest. Skype interviews will be conducted with shortlisted candidates.
- All candidates will be informed by e-mail about the result of their application no later than 18 June 2021.
- Selected participants are expected to arrive in Tallinn on 10-12 September 2021.
- For further questions please contact Liina Link at [email protected]
Award Provider: Estonian School of Diplomacy (ESD), in co-operation with the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs