This scholarship, provided by Shanghai government for international students studying in Shanghai, is in two types: A, B. Type A, exclusively for those who study for Master’s or Doctoral degrees, is full scholarship, including tuition, free accommodation, accident insurance, allowance for living; Type B, only for those who study for degrees, is partial scholarship, only including tuition accident insurance.
Application Deadline: May 2023
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): China
Eligible Field of Study:
- Bachelor’s degree programs
- Master’s degree programs (except MBA and MTCSOL*)
- Note: MBA is short for Master of Business Administration;
- MTCSOL refers to Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages.
- Doctoral degree programs
Type: Bachelors, Masters and PhD
Eligibility for Shanghai Government Scholarships:
- Be a non-Chinese citizen in good health.
- Not be an enrolled degree student in Chinese universities at the time of application.
- Be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
- Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs.
- 3.Language proficiency: new HSK5 level (scored at least 180)
Value of Shanghai Government Scholarships: The scholarship covers tuition waiver and comprehensive medical insurance for bachelor’s students; it covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance for master’s students and doctoral students.
Duration of Scholarship:
- Bachelor’s Degree Program: 4 to 5 years
- Master’s degree programs: 2 to 3 years
- Doctoral degree programs: 3 to 4 years
How to Apply for Shanghai Government Scholarships:
Step 1 – Choose School and the Type of Scholarship
Step 2 – Submit the program application, print out the degree program application form and sign on it.
Step 3 – Present the supporting documents either by uploading or mail in to the Admission Office by the application deadline
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying
Visit Program Webpage for details
Here (We have used this school as a guide. See link to other Shanghai schools in Program Webpage (above)).