Study in USA: Temple University #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship 2022/2023 for International Students
Temple University USA awards merit scholarships to international students with strong academic records.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2022
April 1: Announcement of scholarship winners
About the Award: In 2016, Temple pioneered a nationwide welcome message from U.S. higher education to international students around the world. Through the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship, Temple recognizes international students who demonstrate a vision for enhancing intercultural understanding. Temple was one of the first nine universities to make an initial commitment to the #YouAreWelcomeHere initiative. Every year, we select two first-year students to receive an annual, renewable scholarship of $20,000.
Eligibility: To be considered for the Temple University #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship, you must
- be a first-year international applicant. An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- attend (or have graduated from) a secondary school outside of the U.S.
- demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Country): USA
Number & Duration of Awards: 2
Value of Temple University Award: Every year, we select two first-year students to receive an annual, renewable scholarship of $20,000.
How to Apply: Three Steps to Apply
Here’s what you need to do to apply for the scholarship.
- Apply for admission using the Common Application.
- Submit the #YouAreWelcomeHere application and corresponding essay or video to [email protected] by Feb. 1. If submitting a large video file, please share a link to the video.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you must claim it by submitting an enrollment deposit by May 1.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.