Intelsat/XinaBox Space STEM Scholarship Programme 2020 for Young African Students
Intelsat is now partnering with XinaBox to deliver space-focused STEM learning tools to teenagers across the African continent.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2020
About the Award: Intelsat is sponsoring scholarships, each worth hundreds of dollars, for 20 students in Africa to access XinaBox’s dedicated space STEM kits and educational programs, which culminate in students designing, building and launching satellites into space.
Eligible Field(s): All things space
Eligibility: Intelsat is sponsoring 20 XinaBox Space STEM program scholarships, with successful candidates meeting the following criteria:
- Between 15 and 18 years of age
- Born and currently living on the African continent
- Demonstrates a passion for, and knowledge of, science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)
- Has a clear interest in all things “space”
- Access to the internet, and a smart device for virtual workshops, i.e. can run a browser-based collaboration tool (camera not essential)
- Browser skills
- Proficient in English (the first program will be delivered in English)
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awards: 20
Value of Award: The scholarships are each worth hundreds of dollars.
How to Apply: Students with an interest in the scholarship who meet these criteria are encouraged to apply before the deadline: November 30, 2020 at 5 p.m. SA. The application process requires completing an online form, a space quiz and submitting a short explanation building the case for why you should be selected for this unique program.
To access the application materials, please visit https://forms.gle/zGF9JNiKiK6L3SSZ7.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.