Georgetown University Global Human Development Programme (GHD) Full Masters Scholarships 2022: The Global Human Development Program (GHD) at Georgetown University’s Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service is excited to announce at least one full-tuition scholarship and several partial scholarships for GHD students from sub-Saharan Africa, made possible through the generous support of the Amre and Caroline Heinz-Youness Family and the William and Catherine McGurn Family..
Application Deadline: 15th January 2023
To be taken at (country): USA
About the Award: The Georgetown University Global Human Development Programme is a two year, full-time master’s degree that encompasses an innovative skills-based curriculum with built-in opportunities for experiential learning. The curriculum covers core courses including the economics of development, international political economy, program design and implementation, monitoring and evaluation, quantitative and qualitative methodologies, finance and budgeting, and management.
Eligibility: GHD is a practitioner-focused program so one year of experience working in international development is required, with a minimum of two years of professional experience preferred. All applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree prior to proposed enrollment.
Applicants to the Global Human Development Program should meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Completion of courses in introductory macro- and microeconomics and statistics (must be completed before enrollment in August, not necessarily before applying).
- Ability to function effectively in English and one other language (students must pass an oral proficiency exam before graduation, implying that they will have a reasonable command of one foreign language before entering the program).
- Several years of experience living, studying, and working abroad is strongly recommended.
- Completion of either the GRE (preferred) or GMAT exam, taken in time to submit the scores by the application deadline.
Selection Criteria: The scholarship will be awarded based on the overall strength of the application.
Number of Awards: 1 full scholashhip and several parrtial scholarships
Value of Georgetown University Global Human Development Programme: A full tuition scholarship for a GHD student from sub-Saharan Africa.
In addition to the curriculum, students apply the skills and knowledge they are learning in the classroom to three different professional work experiences:
- the summer field project (a fully-funded 2-3 month international work placement);
- an internship at a relevant Washington DC-based international development organization/agency for at least one academic semester; and
- the capstone project (a two-semester client engagement project emphasizing project management and analysis).
How to Apply for Georgetown University Global Human Development Programme: Apply Here