The Global Investigative Journalism Network (GIJN) and Wits Journalism are offering bursaries to students with a demonstrated interest in investigative or data journalism.
Application Deadline: 18th September 2020
Eligible Countries: Countries in Africa
To be taken at: Online
About the Award: AIJC2020 is offering 100 fellowships to student journalists to participate in the conference, which takes place this year as a series of online events in the period October 6 – 30. With 30+ sessions and 50+ speakers, it is a rare opportunity to share, network, learn and train alongside some of the continent’s best journalists.
Type: Fellowship, Conferences
- Only students currently in their final year of an undergraduate journalism degree, honours or master’s degree in journalism are eligible to apply for a bursary to attend the conference.
Number of Awardees: 100
Value of Fellowship:
- Students will get entry to all events and a data allocation to enable them to attend.
How to Apply:
- Please submit this application form and a motivation letter outlining why you would like to attend.
- Please submit a letter of support on a university’s letterhead, signed by your Head of Department.
- Click here for the application form.
Visit Fellowship Webpage for details