80 Government of Japan Internships 2021 for Developing Countries (Fully-funded + 4,000 yen per day)
The METI Government of Japan Internship Program is seeking 80 young nationals from developing countries for 30 days internship.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2020
Eligible Countries: Developing countries (OECD/DAC-listed countries)
To be taken at (country):
Satellite Office designated by the Program Office（10 locations in 5 countries)
Host companies are determined after matching by the Program Office and subsequently approved by the Screening Committee.
【The location of Satellite Office】
About the Award: The Internship involves:
- Formulating an internship plan (roles/goals, etc. of an intern) in consultation with the Internship manager
- Participating in group training, follow-up training, and wrap up presentation
- Undertaking the internship full-time during the internship period(international students living in Japan must ensure this is balanced with academic work)
- Undertaking management of their own safety and health as thoroughly as possible, including gathering emergency information for Japan, as well as communication, reporting, and consultation with the Program Office and the host company
- Submitting a variety of documents, notifications, reports, evaluation reports, etc. before coming to Japan, as well as during and after the internship period
- Appropriate Behavior demonstrating awareness as a beneficiary of public funds received from the Japanese government
Eligibility: Young foreign nationals of developing countries
Applicants satisfying all the following requirements are eligible for the Japan Internship Program:
- Agreeing with the purpose of this program and willing to cooperate with Japanese businesses for promoting internationalization and overseas business development, and building networks with overseas universities etc.
- Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region.
- Those who can do the internship in the designated Satellite Office.(5 days a week from Monday to Friday)
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
- Applicants should be at least 20 years of age and not older than 40 as of October 15, 2020.
- Applicants must be able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate and a letter of recommendation from the (enrolled/graduated) university or company etc.
- Able to submit certificates of various qualifications
- Able to undertake required training and engaged in internship at the designated Satellite Office.
- Able to participate in internship in accordance with the timetable which the Program Office appoints.
- □Able to strive for good communication as much as one can in tele-working
- □Satisfying with any other individual conditions required by each company.
- □Those who have not participated in this program from FY2016 to FY2019.
Number of Awards: 80 interns
Value of Program:
- Daily allowance (as expense of lunch, drinks and commuting from your accommodation to Satellite Office) will be paid by local currency worth of 1200 yen per activity day.
- 2. Internship insurance
- 3. PC, Lan , WIFI settings and office telephone at Satellite Office.(Mobile phone expense will be paid by intern him/her self .)
Responsibilities of interns:
- Formulating an internship plan (roles/goals, etc. of an intern) discussing with the Internship manager
- Participating in pre-training, follow-up training, and wrap-up presentation.
- Engaging in internship during the designated period.
- Strive for good communication as much as one can in tele-working
- Taking responsibility for their own safety and health thoroughly. Contact with the Program Office and the host company regularly, continually reporting or consulting with them.
- Being obliged to handle some tasks requested from the program office (document, notification, and report) not only during internship period but also before and after the internship.
- Appropriate behavior required as a recipient of public funds from Japanese government
Duration of Program: Only one group: From 1st December to 23th December,2020/ From 18th January,2021 to 3rd February,2021 (Duration 30 days) (New Year’s holiday: from 24th December,2020 to 17th January,2021)
How to Apply:
- Registration is accepted online via the registration form on the Program Website.
- Selection is conducted through document screening, primary interview (native language/English/Japanese), and secondary interview (Japanese/English).
- As part of the selection process, various certificates (university qualifications, language skills, etc.), letters of recommendation, photographs, documents required for the visa, etc. are to be submitted individually.
Award Provider: Government of Japan
Important Notes: The Japan Internship Program offers work experience, not actual employment. It aims to provide interns with workplace skills and know-how. Please note it is not a substitute for casual or part-time employment etc.