Orange Ventures MEA Seed Challenge 2020 for Entrepreneurs in Africa and Middle East
The Orange Ventures MEA Seed Challenge aims to give entrepreneurs in Africa and the Middle East the means to launch and develop their business.
Application Deadline: 19th July, 2020
About the Award: Orange Ventures Africa Middle & East is a dedicated investmentstream of Orange group on the African Middle & East continent with 50m€ assets under management and 5 companies in thecurrent portfolio.
We are looking to extend our scope to supporting more young and innovative businesseson the continent. Africa Middle & East Seed Challenge is a call for candidates to submit application for seed investmentsfrom 50k€ up to 150k€. The investees will be announced by September 2020 and will integrate the Orange Ventures Africa Middle & East portfolio. Do you think you have what it takes?
- This challenge targets seed ventures with high growth potential and predominantly new technologies driven.
- The Orange Ventures MEA Seed Challenge is open to start-ups in Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Senegal and Tunisia.
Selection Criteria: At Orange Ventures, we’ll lead your first money or co-invest alongside othersin your seed round. So if
- You have a bold vision with passion for disruption and expansion
- You are willing to partner with Orange
- You are a tech-driven start-up
- You are mainly operating in Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Sénégal, Tunisia, Morocco and Jordan
- You run Seed stage company, you have not raised more than €1m in total equity funding
Eligible Countries: Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Senegal and Tunisia.
Number of Awards: 7 (a winner per country)
Value of Award:
- Orange Ventures plans to invest a total of €500,000 in the MEA start-up ecosystem as a result of this challenge, with up to seven seed stage start-ups benefitting from an investment of between €50,000 and €150,000.
- 12 months local mentor to support your business
How to Apply: Fill out the form online, share your investor deck, excel, and 3 minute pitch (video)