The Orange Ventures MEA Seed Challenge aims to give entrepreneurs in Africa and the Middle East the means to launch and develop their business.
Application Deadline: 19th July, 2020
About the Award: Orange Ventures Africa Middle & East is a dedicated investmentstream of Orange group on the African Middle & East continent with 50m€ assets under management and 5 companies in thecurrent portfolio.
We are looking to extend our scope to supporting more young and innovative businesseson the continent. Africa Middle & East Seed Challenge is a call for candidates to submit application for seed investmentsfrom 50k€ up to 150k€. The investees will be announced by September 2020 and will integrate the Orange Ventures Africa Middle & East portfolio. Do you think you have what it takes?
- This challenge targets seed ventures with high growth potential and predominantly new technologies driven.
- The Orange Ventures MEA Seed Challenge is open to start-ups in Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Senegal and Tunisia.
Selection Criteria: At Orange Ventures, we’ll lead your first money or co-invest alongside othersin your seed round. So if
- You have a bold vision with passion for disruption and expansion
- You are willing to partner with Orange
- You are a tech-driven start-up
- You are mainly operating in Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Sénégal, Tunisia, Morocco and Jordan
- You run Seed stage company, you have not raised more than €1m in total equity funding
Eligible Countries: Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Senegal and Tunisia.
Number of Awards: 7 (a winner per country)
Value of Award:
- Orange Ventures plans to invest a total of €500,000 in the MEA start-up ecosystem as a result of this challenge, with up to seven seed stage start-ups benefitting from an investment of between €50,000 and €150,000.
- 12 months local mentor to support your business
How to Apply: Fill out the form online, share your investor deck, excel, and 3 minute pitch (video)