University of Sydney, Australia offer Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students, 2015
Application Deadline: 30 May 2015 | 19 June 2015. Offered annually? Yes
Scholarship Name: Sydney Achievers International Scholarships (Undergraduate)
Brief description: The University of Sydney Australia offers Sydney Achievers International Scholarships for Undergraduate Students 2015
Accepted Subject Areas: Undergraduate courses offered at the University
The University of Sydney takes great pleasure in announcing the Sydney Achievers International Scholarships for new international students commencing at the University in 2015. These prestigious Scholarships will be offered to high achieving, academically meritorious, international students, inviting them to enjoy the Sydney experience at one of the finest institutions of higher education in the world. Selection is based strictly on academic merit.
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate scholarships
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
- Selection will be based strictly on academic merit as per the University’s admission requirements.
- Selection will be based on actual results (academic and English language proficiency). Predicted/forecast results will not be considered.
- Only applicants with firm, unconditional offers of admission will be considered.
- Selection will be made by the International Student Office, whose decision will be final. No appeals will be entertained.
- With the exception of UAC applicants, for whom Scholarship offers will be issued after 15 January 2013, all successful candidates will be offered a Scholarship along with the Offer of Admission to the University of Sydney.
Who is qualified to apply?
- Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification or an international senior secondary qualification accepted by the University with an outstanding Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) or equivalent, as deemed by the University of Sydney.
- Students completing Foundation Studies Programs offered by Australian or New Zealand universities are eligible.
- Students who have already commenced tertiary studies, or students transferring with credit exemptions and/or advanced standing, are not eligible.
How Many Funding Positions are available? Up to 100 of these prestigious Scholarships will be offered in 2015 to high achieving, academically meritorious, international students.
What are the benefits?
- AUD$10,000 each per annum, available for the CRICOS registered duration of a recipient’s program of study, for any Undergraduate program offered at the University of Sydney (subject to the recipient maintaining satisfactory academic progress each year).
- No living allowance is payable.
How long will sponsorship last? For the duration of the programme
Eligible African Countries
For international students
To be taken at: University of Sydney, Australia
How can I Apply?
- No separate application for a Sydney Achievers International Scholarship is necessary.
- An Application for Admission to the University of Sydney in 2015 will constitute an application for a Scholarship.
- All applications meeting the selection and eligibility criteria resulting in unconditional Offers of Admission will be automatically considered.
- The deadline for receipt of applications and complete supporting documentation (academic and English language proficiency results) is 30 May 2015 for Semester 1, 2015, and 30 June 2015 for Semester 2, 2015.
- Successful candidates will receive an Offer of a Scholarship with the Offer of Admission.
- Applications received after these deadlines will not be considered.
- Candidates applying through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) will be considered in January 2015.
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for details
Sponsors: University of Sydney