Canada: Environmental Evidence Summit 2020 Travel Bursaries for Developing Countries
The Collaboration for Environmental Evidence is pleased to announce our first ever travel bursaries for those attending the Environmental Evidence Summit 2020 from low income countries (LIC) or lower-middle income countries (LMIC).
Application Deadline: 9th March 2020
Eligible Countries: Low income countries (LIC) or lower-middle income countries (LMIC)
To be Taken at (Country): Ottawa, Canada.
About the Award: The purpose of these awards is to facilitate and increase participation in EES2020 and associated training opportunities for those who contribute to the use of evidence in their home countries and institutions. Funding for these travel awards is provided by CEE with support from the Africa Evidence Network.
Type: Training, Conference
- Be able and available to travel to and attend all three days of the Environmental Evidence Summit on June 3-5th, 2020 in Ottawa, Canada.
- Must commit to contributing to the success of the conference (e.g., write a blog post, live tweet a session, present a poster)
- Be a citizen of a low income country (LIC) or lower-middle income country (LMIC) according to the World Bank definition of LIC and LMIC:
- See the LIC list at http://data.worldbank.org/income-level/low-income
- See the LMIC list at http://data.worldbank.org/income-level/lower-middle-income
- Be working and living in a LIC/LMIC, as of February 1, 2020
Number of Awards: Not specified
Duration of Award: June 3-5th, 2020
How to Apply: Please send a short paragraph (less than 500 words) to CEE that provides clear examples of your contribution to the use of evidence in environmental management in your home country and/or institution. Also include what you would like to take away from EES2020, any sessions or workshops that are particularly relevant to your interests and research, and suggest ways you could contribute to the conference. Please also indicate your estimated travel expenses and the availability of other funding to support your travel.
A letter of support from your organization endorsing your travel and attendance at the conference must be sent with your application.
Applications can be sent to [email protected] by March 9th 2020, with the subject “LMIC bursary application”.