EPFL Junior Faculty Development Program 2020 for Early-stage African Professors (Fully-funded)
The Junior Faculty Development program is the first program launched within the framework of the “Excellence in Africa” initiative. It will pair up early-stage professors in Africa with EPFL professors, providing funding for a jointly-designed research project over a period of 4 to 5 years. In the course of the project, the Africa-based professor will complete a secondment of up to one year in the laboratory of his/her colleague at EPFL.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2020 (17:00 CET).
Eligible Countries: African Countries
To be Taken at (Country): Switzerland
About the Award: The Junior Faculty Development program is designed to bring together talented and highly-educated early-stage professors in Africa with professors at EPFL striving for common goals: scientific excellence, the promotion of knowledge, and the wish to have a positive societal impact in Africa. The Junior Faculty Development program will thus lay the ground for successful careers in Africa and potentially lasting collaborations with EPFL.
- Must be employed or due to be hired by an African higher education institution
- Must have earned a PhD degree between 1st January 2011 and 31st March 2020
- Must have an outstanding research and publication track record
- Must submit a research project within the current domains of scientific or technological research activity at EPFL
- Shortlisted applicants who are successfully matched with an EPFL professor will be notified by the end of May 2020 and invited to submit a full proposal for Stage 2.
- Final decisions will be announced by the end of October 2020.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Eligible costs include and are limited to:
- Personnel costs
- Travel costs
- Equipment and research funds
- Living allowance for secondment at EPFL
- Institutional contribution
Duration of Award: 4/5 years
How to Apply: The application and evaluation process includes two stages.
- Please read carefully the application guidelines.
- All required documents must be submitted on the online submission platform.