This scholarship is open to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) in 2023/2024.
Application Deadline: 1st March 2023.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be Taken at (Country): UK
About the Award: This scholarship has been made possible by donors to the LSHTM Fund. Supported by hundreds of alumni and friends, the LSHTM Fund provides scholarships for the next generation of global health leaders. This year’s scholarship is intended to support an excellent candidate who could not take up a place of study without this financial support.
Field(s) of Study: The eligible MSc programmes of study, for this award, are the 16 London-based MSc programmes offered by, and administered by, LSHTM. This scholarship is not available for our distance learning programmes or for our joint programmes with KCL (MSc Global Mental Health) or RVC (MSc One Health; MSc Veterinary Epidemiology).
Eligibility: This scholarship is open to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) in 2023-24.
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- be nationals of, and resident in, low to middle income countries (as defined by the World Bank);
- intend to return to a low to middle income country on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM;
- confirm in writing that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study;
- meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements (as required by LSHTM’s Admissions system);
- a first or upper second-class honours undergraduate degree of a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard;
- hold an offer of admission for 2023-24 for one of LSHTM’s 19 London-based (intensive) MSc programmes of study.
Selection Criteria: The selection panel awarding this highly competitive scholarship will consider applicants’ experience and qualifications and potential, looking for those with the greatest potential to accelerate in their career and make significant contributions to public and global health, and/or health-related research (following a year’s study at LSHTM).
Number of Awards: 2
Value of Award: The scholarship award comprises
- 2023-24 tuition fees (at the overseas fee rate), including any mandatory field trip fees, and
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 19,500.00
Duration of Award: 1 year
How to Apply: The application process has two steps. To be considered for the funding, applicants must meet all eligibility criteria and complete both steps outlined below by the scholarship deadline of 23:59 (GMT) on Wednesday 1 March 2023.
Step 1: Submit an application for 2023-24 for an eligible MSc programme of study, by following the instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page. Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary admissions documents (including references) are submitted by the scholarship deadline.
Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option ‘2023-24 LSHTM Fund Scholarship’ from the drop-down menu. A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should already have uploaded references, a CV, passport, transcripts etc with their admissions application).