University of Bonn Alumni Spring School 2020 for African Germany-Alumni
The University of Bonn and the German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE) are partners in the Bonn Alliance for Sustainability Research. In a joint Spring School we invite African Germany-Alumni from any field of study and Alumni of the Managing Global Governance Academy (MGG) of the DIE to come to Bonn, Germany in March 2020.
Application Deadline: 28th October 2019
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): Bonn, Germany
About the Award: Within the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development, multi-stakeholder participation is an important approach to contribute to sustainable changes in economies, societies and the environment. Especially SDG 17 emphasizes the importance of strengthening global partnerships to support and achieve the ambitious targets of the Agenda 2030. The Alumni Spring School aims at fostering partnerships and networks by overcoming regional and disciplinary borders. Knowledge transfer among participants from developing and emerging powers at the science-policy-interface is a main part of this concept. Participants will benefit from generating and sharing scientific knowledge products through dynamic peer learning groups. Solution-based analyses of challenges from multi-participants perspectives acknowledge the diversity of cultures within the global dialogue.
The program is based on four core elements:
- Materials for preparation.
- Content-related input and discussion.
- Peer learning.
- Theoretical and practical elements of scientific communication.
Type: Short course
Eligibility: You can apply for the program if you are:
- An African Germany-Alumnus of any German University currently living in Africa*
- An Alumnus of the Managing Global Governance Academy (MGG).
and in addition to that:
- Interested in sustainability topics
*A Germany-Alumnus is a person graduated from or spent at least three months at a German University e.g. during an Erasmus semester, as a PhD candidate, in a study program, as an employee, research fellow etc. Please make sure to upload an official certificate of your stay at the German University.
DAAD in country/ in region scholars are not considered as Germany-Alumni.
Please note before you put precious time into applying:
We will only consider applicants that fulfill all the necessary requirements as mentioned above. We are expecting a lot of applications and cannot make any exceptions.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The program will provide the following services:
- Modules, workshops, excursions
- Welcome and farewell events incl. meals
- Hotel accommodation for the duration of the Spring School (17 March – 27 March, 2020)
- Travel cost reimbursement (up to 1,200 Euro)
- Visa costs up to 60 Euro
- Public transportation ticket
- Participants have to take care of any further expenses during the Spring School and accommodation before or after the Spring School.-
Costs will be covered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) with funds provided by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Duration of Award: March 18 – 27, 2020
How to Apply: To apply, complete the online application form with your personal data and upload the following documents:
- Letter of motivation (max. 500 words)
- Letter of recommendation (e.g. from your employer, university etc.)
- Résumé/curriculum vitae
- Alumni certificate (e.g. transcript of records, graduation document, ERASMUS certificate etc.; DAAD certificates are NOT a valid Alumni certificate!)
- Official picture (e.g. passport photograph)
We strongly recommend to get informed about visa requirements and deadlines as early as possible!