Government of Flanders Mastermind Scholarships 2020/2021 for International Students – Belgium
The Government of Flanders has launched a new scholarship programme, Master Mind Scholarships for international students for 2020/2021.
Application Deadline: Varies by institution. Some institutions have as deadline 1st February 2020! Apply early (+see below for all deadlines)
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Various universities in Belgium
- KU Leuven / University of Leuven
- University of Antwerp
- Ghent University
- Hasselt University
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences)
- Antwerp Maritime Academy
- Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp
- Erasmus University College Brussels
- Karel de Grote University College
- LUCA School of Arts
- PXL University College
- University College Ghent
Eligible Field of Study: The program holds for all study areas.
About the Award: The programme aims to promote the internationalization of the Flemish Higher Education, as stated in the Action Plan for Student Mobility, Brains on the Move (September 2013).
Students cannot apply directly. Applications need to be submitted by the Flemish host institution.
Offered Since: 2015
Eligibility: The Flemish host institution applies on behalf of the student.
General eligibility requirements
- The applicant applies to take up a Master degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’).
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. He/she meets all academic entrance criteria, including relevant language requirements, for entering the Master programme in question offered by the Flemish host institution.
- All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
Selection: A Flemish selection committee awards the scholarships, in cooperation with the Flemish Department of Education and Training.
Number of Awardees: 30
Value of Scholarship: The incoming student is awarded a scholarship of maximum €8000,- per academic year.
Duration of Scholarship: The duration of mobility is minimum 1 academic year and maximum the full duration of the master programme. If the student obtains less than 45 ECTS in the first year, then he/she loses the scholarship in the second year.
Deadline for application at Host institution:
• KU Leuven / University of Leuven: 1st February 2020
• University of Antwerp: 1st March 2020
• Ghent University: 29th February 2020
• Hasselt University: 15th March 2020
• Vrije Universiteit Brussel: 28th February 2020
University colleges, also know as Universities of Applied Sciences (and Arts):
• Antwerp Maritime Academy: t.b.c.
• Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp: 1st March 2020
• Erasmus University College Brussels: t.b.c.
• Karel de Grote University College: t.b.c.
• LUCA School of Arts: 1st March 2020
• PXL University College:2nd March 2020
• University College Ghent: 20th March 2020 (4.00 pm)
• Deadline for application: 30th April 2020
• Selection: May 2020
• Announcement of selection results: June 2020
• Start of mobility: September 2020
How to Apply:
- You can find more information in the guidelines for application in the Scholarship Webpage link.
- You need to contact the Flemish higher education institution to inquire about their internal selection procedures and deadline for submitting the application.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Studying in South Africa Vs UK - Which is better? Study Abroad Comparison
Studying in UK Vs Italy Which Is Better? Study Abroad Comparison
Is It Too Late To Change Career at 27?