Mwalimu Julius Nyerere Memorial Scholarship Fund 2019/2020 for Undergraduate/Masters Tanzanian Students
The Mwalimu Julius Nyerere Memorial Scholarship Fund is announcing Scholarships for the 2019/2020 academic year.
Application Deadline: 23rd August, 2019 (16:00hr).
Eligible Countries: Tanzania
To be Taken at (Country): Tanzania
About the Award: The primary objective of the Fund is to promote interest and excellence in Mathematics and Science courses among female students in the United Republic of Tanzania. The Fund provides Scholarships to six students annually as follows: –
- Two scholarships to best female Tanzanian students to pursue undergraduate studies in Mathematics and Science in Tanzania’s accredited universities;
- One scholarship to a male to student and one scholarship to a female student who are Tanzanians best performers to pursue undergraduate studies in Economics, Information Technology, Accounting and Finance; and
- Two scholarships to students intending to pursue Master’s programmes in Economics, Information Technology, Accounting, Mathematics and Finance.
Type: Undergraduate, Masters
- Applicant must be a Tanzanian citizen.
- Applicant must have obtained First Class or an Upper Second Class (honours) in the Bachelor degree with a minimum GPA of 4.0 from an accredited university within the United Republic of Tanzania.
- Applicant must not be more than thirty-five years of age and should have completed Bachelor’s degree in studies related to Mathematics, Science, Economics, Information Technology, Accounting or Finance.
- Applicant must have applied/be admitted to a full time Master’s degree programme in an accredited university within the United Republic of Tanzania. The programme should commence in 2019/2020 academic year in any of the following fields: Mathematics, Science, Economics, Information Technology, Accounting or Finance.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates.
Selection Criteria: The Scholarships are granted on academic merit and based on a rigorous selection process.
Number of Awards:
- 1. Undergraduate Degree Programmes (4 Scholarships)
- 2. Master’s Degree Programmes (2 Scholarships)
Value of Award: Successful applicants are granted full scholarship which covers all university direct cost for tuition fees and student direct costs (meal, accommodation, book and stationery allowance, field practical training, special faculty requirement) as specified in the respective institutions’ costs structure as well as one laptop computer.
How to Apply:
- Applicants are required to complete Scholarship Application Forms which can be accessed on the BOT website: www.bot.go.tz.
- Printed forms can be obtained from the Fund Administrator, Bank of Tanzania Head Office, 2 Mirambo Street, 11884, DAR ES SALAAM. The forms can also be obtained at the Bank of Tanzania Branch Offices (Arusha, Zanzibar, Mwanza, Mbeya, Dodoma, Mtwara and the Bank of Tanzania Training Institute, Mwanza).
- All application forms should be completed and submitted to the Chairperson, Mwalimu Julius Nyerere Memorial Scholarship Fund, Bank of Tanzania Head Office, 2 Mirambo Street, 11884, DAR ES SALAAM by 23rd August, 2019 (16:00hr).
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.