Union Bank edTech Challenge 2019 for Entrepreneurial Nigerian Students (5 Million Naira cash fund)
The 2019 edTech Challenge is the third in the series of The Innovation Challenge and aims to Discover, Showcase and Support innovative, cutting edge technologies with the potential to transform Nigeria’s Education system .
Application Deadline: 23rd August 2019
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be Taken at (Country): Nigeria
Field(s) of Challenge: Union Bank is looking for solutions that meet the needs of the Education Ecosystem/Stakeholders: Students, Teachers, Parents, School Owners/ Administrators, and Policy Makers/ Regulators. For example, a solution on improving student learning, a hub for lesson teachers, solution on rating schools in different areas or subjects to name a few.
Type: Entrepreneurship, Contest
- The Challenge is open to anyone with solutions that demonstrate a strong potential to transform the education system in Nigeria including but not limited to students, teachers, developers, designers, fintechs, tech companies etc
- The call is for solutions – prototypes, minimum viable products and not ideas.
Selection: In September, the top 10 entries will be jointly selected by members of the jury. All applicants will receive necessary information on the status of their entries via email and/or SMS notifications.
Number of Awards: 3
Value of Award:
- Access to Acceleration program: The Top 10 entries will be admitted into an acceleration program where they will get access to Coach-Mentors, Capacity Building, and a Community of Education stakeholders and strategic partnerships.
- Access to Union Bank’s network of education customers and opportunities to provide global visibility for scale.
- Funding support towards scaling up a solution: The top 3 entries will receive a sum of N5m (1st – N2.5m; 2nd – N1.5m and 3rd – N1m)
- Venture support to the winners which includes; supporting each solution to scale which will include linking and identifying relevant stakeholder to buy into a solution and providing specialized support based on the specific needs and advisory regarding the deployment and management of funding received.
How to Apply: Begin Application
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Top 10 Jobs that’ll Pay You to Travel the World