Mandela Washington Fellowship Alumni Association of Nigeria (MWFAAN) Beyond School Community Challenge 2019 for Young Nigerians
For the Beyond School Community Challenge, The Mandela Washington Fellows Alumni Association of Nigeria (MWFAAN), a flagship program of the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI), is set to host over 1000 active Nigerian youth leaders in September.
Application Deadline: 10th August 2019 11:59pm GMT +1.
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be Taken at (Country): Nigeria
About the Award: The Beyond School Community Challenge, which will draw young leaders from the six geo-political zones of Nigeria, will see them come together with the common aim of localizing ideas and collaborative actions to promote Sustainable National Development.
The BSCC is an initiative of The Mandela Washington Fellowship Alumni Association of Nigeria in collaboration with United States Mission to develop entrepreneurial mindsets of young people between 13-18 who are predominantly in public and private secondary schools across Nigeria.
- Applications are open to teams and not individuals. A team must be made up of 3 students and 1 student advisor.
- Students should be currently enrolled in a secondary school in Nigeria
- Students must be aged between 13 – 18
- Past National Winning schools for the 1st 2nd and 3rd position are ineligible for this year’s nomination.
- Student advisor should be above 18 years and should either be a teaching or non-teaching staff in the school were the students are enrolled.
Number of Awards: 3
Value of Award: Ten Finalist Teams will receive invitation to the final competition pitch of the Beyond School Community Challenge that will take place alongside the Young Leaders Assembly 2019 in Abuja Nigeria.
Top Three Winning Teams will receive the following:
- Cash grant prize of N1,000,000 will be shared amongst the winners as follows:
- N300,000 for project idea scaling for the winner
- N250,000 for project idea scaling for second place winner
- N150,000 for project idea scaling for third place winner
- N10,000 Education Grant for finalists in the 4th-10th position
- N10,000 cash prize for top winning teacher advisor
- Presentation of certificates to all teams and schools.
How to Apply:
- Students and teachers build a team with each team made up of 3 students aged 13- 18 and 1 teacher above 18 years.
- Team members identify a challenge they want to solve and with the assistance of their advisor, design a solution with a business model to address the problem. The solutions should be tied to at least one of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Applications will then be submitted before the deadline
- Teacher advisor should click on the button below to apply on behalf of their student team. Application is opened until August 10th, 2019. 11:59pm GMT +1.