USA- AACC International Foundation Scholarship 2012- 2013
Scholarship Name: AACC (American Association of Cereal Chemists) International Foundation Scholarship Awards
2012/2013 Undergraduate scholarships and graduate fellowships to students excelling in studies relevant to grain-based food science and technology, USA
What is this Scholarship about?
The purpose of the AACC (American Association of Cereal Chemists) International Foundation fellowship program is to encourage graduate research in grain-based food science and technology. Research in such disciplines as genetics, horticulture, nutrition, microbiology, biochemistry, engineering, or chemistry is not eligible unless it is directly related to the student’s primary research program dealing with a grain-based food science and technology related areas.
Scholarship Offered Since: 1989
Accepted Subject Areas?
Grain-based food science and technology (cereal chemistry and technology)
Who is qualified to apply?
The general eligibility requirements for applicants for all fellowships are:
- Applicants must be a current AACC International Student Division member.
- The candidate must be enrolled in graduate studies by the time the fellowship becomes effective, or be a current graduate student pursuing a course of study leading to an MS or a Ph.D. degree.
- The educational institution in which the recipient is enrolled must be conducting fundamental investigations for the advancement of cereal science and technology, including oilseeds.
- A fellowship recipient becomes ineligible for further payments when all requirements for the degree for which the fellowship was awarded have been completed, or if, during the tenure of the fellowship, the student discontinues or substantially changes the research program proposed in the fellowship application. It is the separate responsibility of both the student and the appropriate department head to notify the AACC International Foundation within thirty (30) days of any such change.
- The recipient must be enrolled in an academic schedule that meets the minimum requirements of the university involved, for full-time graduate study.
- Age, sex, race, financial need, or previous receipt or non-receipt of an AACC Intl. scholarship or fellowship are not conditions of eligibility for any award.
- The value or terms of any award are subject to change upon agreement with the donor.
How Many Scholarships are available?
What is the benefit?
Graduate fellowships of $3,000, $2,500, or $2,000 will be available for 2012-2013. In addition to these cash awards, fellowship winners will receive a certificate
How long will sponsorship last?
Duration of study
Which African Countries is Eligible?
Where will it be taken (country):
What time of year does Application Close?
The Deadline for application is/was March 1, 2012
Is Scholarship offered annually?
How can I Apply?
Download 2012 Graduate Fellowship Application (pdf file)
Who are the Sponsors
Supported by endowment funds of the AACC International Foundation, and from annual contributions by companies and AACC Intl. divisions
How can I get more information?
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit Scholarship Site
Applications, completed as required including any attachments and verifying signatures, must be received at AACC International Foundation Headquarters on or before March 1, 2012 to be considered for the 2012-2013 awards.
All information and attachments requested in the application must be provided. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Material in excess of that requested will not be copied or included.
Does this financial aid opportunity suit your qualification? If not, check through other relevant scholarship programmes below “Related Posts”. You may be one click away from finding the right funding for your education.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat
How Africa Went from 0 to 69,000 COVID 19 Cases (15 Feb to 12 May 2020)