Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowships 2021 for Nigerian Students
The Humphrey Fellowship Program provides mid-career professionals from designated countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean, the Middle East, Europe and Eurasia with an opportunity to enhance their professional capabilities through participation in specialized, 10-month, nondegree programs developed specifically for small clusters of Humphrey Fellows at selected U.S. universities.
Application Deadline: Unspecified (The April 1 open and June 1 submission dateline is no longer feasible)
Eligible Countries: Nigeria. See embassy websites for specific details about other eligible Sub-Saharan African countries
To be taken at (country): USA institutions
Eligible Field of Study: Agricultural and Rural Development, Communications/Journalism, Economic Development, Educational Administration, Planning and Policy, Finance and Banking, Higher Education Administration, HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention, Human Resource Management, Law and Human Rights, Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change, Public Health Policy and Management, Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration. Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention, Teaching of English as a Foreign Language, Technology Policy and Management, Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention, Urban and Regional Planning
About Scholarship: The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is a non-degree program for experienced professionals interested in strengthening their leadership skills through a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues of common concern in the U.S. and the Fellows’ home countries. As a non-degree program, the Fellowship offers valuable opportunities for professional development through selected university courses, attending conferences, networking, and practical work experiences. If you are interested in broadening your perspectives and becoming a global leader, the Humphrey Fellowship is for you.
During the year, Fellows pursue both their individual program goals and work closely with their Humphrey colleagues in workshops and seminars. Unlike a typical graduate school experience, the Program encourages Fellows to travel away from their host campus to learn more about American culture and to network with their American peers.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: To apply for this scholarship program, applicants must possess;
- An undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree
- a minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- limited or no prior experience in the United States
- demonstrated leadership qualities
- a record of public service in the community
- English language ability.
Number of Scholarships: not specified
Value of Scholarship: The Fellowship provides for:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance;
- A one-time computer subsidy;
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events);
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
Duration of Scholarship: 10 Months
How to Apply: Interested persons can get more information from the IIE Humphrey Program website at: www.humphreyfellowship.org. If interested, kindly send an e-mail to [email protected] in Abuja or [email protected] in Lagos to enable us to keep you informed on when the 2021 application link will be opened (Please note that there is a change of date on the 2021 application. The April 1 open and June 1 submission dateline is no longer feasible). All applications must be submitted on-line at: https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey