EU Delegation to South Africa Funded Traineeship 2019 for Young Graduates
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations and committed to EU values? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in South Africa?
Application Deadline: 31st May 2019
- Holder of at least a Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Law, Social Studies, Politics, Economics or similar subject.
- Excellent English, written and spoken.
- Excellent writing and research skills.
- Commitment, ability to complete tasks on schedule, willingness to learn and to contribute to the activities of the Delegation.
Additional qualifications that would be an asset:
- Additional degree in another field
- Past experiences in South Africa or other countries in the region
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Information and Communication (POIC) Section of the EU Delegation to the Republic of South Africa, starting in July 2019.
Contribute to the Delegation’s important work on EU – South Africa relations in the respective thematic field, specifically:
- Analyze the current and foreseen dynamics of EU/South Africa partnership.
- Monitor political developments in SA and SA foreign affairs, and contribute to drafting political reports under the guidance of the staff of the section.
- Conduct short-term and longer term research on specific issues of interest in the fields of foreign affairs, domestic political affairs, human rights.
- Collate information on EU legislation and politics of relevance to SA for dissemination to the wider public.
- Attend and report on public events, seminars, conferences.
- Administrative support to public diplomacy events, visits organized by the Delegation, and visits from Headquarters.
Duration of Award: 6 months
How to Apply: Please send the following documents to the e-mail address: DELEGATION-S-AFRICA-JOBS@eeas.europa.eu
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – POIC