Qingdao Municipal Government Scholarships 2019/2020 for International Students – China
To attract and encourage more international students to study in Qingdao and engage in scientific research, the Qingdao Municipal Government has established the “Qingdao Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students in China” (hereinafter referred to as “the scholarship”) to provide incentives for excellent overseas students studying in universities and colleges.
Application Deadline: 15th June 2019
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): China
Type: Undergraduate, Graduate (Masters, Doctorate)
Eligibility: The applicants shall be foreign citizens, who are in good health, friendly to China and comply with Chinese laws and regulations. Besides, the applicants shall meet the following requirements:
- A. Students who apply for a bachelor’s degree shall have a diploma or certificate equivalent to a Chinese high school graduate; students who apply for a master’s degree shall have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent; students who apply for a doctoral degree shall have a master’s degree or equivalent.
- B. The applicants shall have the required level of Chinese language for admission to the university and provide relevant proofs, such as HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test Certificate), other Chinese language learning and examination certificates, etc. Applicants who are taught in English the conditions may be relaxed appropriately.
- C. For students who apply as long-term advanced students, their time of study shall be more than one semester.
Universities shall formulate specific conditions for applying for admission according to the actual situation. The applicants shall meet those specific conditions. Under the same circumstances, the scholarship gives priority to students from countries along the “ Belt and Road” and Qingdao’s sister cities. Applicants who have been awarded Chinese government scholarship at all levels of government are no longer eligible for the Qingdao Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students in China
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- The funding standard for the scholarship for graduate students is 30,000 RMB per person, undergraduate students 20,000 RMB per person and long-term advanced students per person 10, 000 RMB.
- The scholarship is managed by the university and is used exclusively for the registration fees, tuition fees, laboratory fees, internship fees, teaching materials fees, accommodation fees, basic living expenses, and medical insurance for scholarship students.
Duration of Award: The scholarship is aimed mainly for newly enrolled foreign students in universities in Qingdao, including degree students and long-term advanced students (completing more than one semester).
How to Apply:
- Complete an online application
- Send all required materials (see Application Instruction for 2019) along with the “Qingdao Municipal Government Scholarship Application Form (For Freshman)”(Qingdao Municipal Government Scholarship Application Form (For Freshman).docx) by post to the Admission Office of SDU International Students & Scholars Center. The address is: 27 Shanda Nanlu, Shandong University (Central Campus), Mingde Building, C301, Jinan, P.R. China; Postal code: 250100.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.