ACADEMY focuses on the mobility of students, academic and administrative staff between the partner universities, as well as from all the other universities across the African continent.
Application Deadline: 30th March 2020 (23:59 CET)
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): The partners in ACADEMY consortium are:
- Université de Tlemcen (Coordinator), Algeria
- University of Cape Coast (Partner), Ghana
- Kenyatta University (Partner), Kenya
- University of Ibadan (Partner), Nigeria
- University of KwaZulu-Natal (Partner), South Africa.
- Universidade do Porto (TechnicalPartner), Portugal
- Ministère de l’Enseignement Supérieur et de la Recherche Scientifique (Associate Partner), Algeria
- Pan African University for Water and Energy Sciences (Associate Partner), Algeria.
About the Award: The African Trans-Regional Cooperation through Academic Mobility (ACADEMY) project is designed to provide resources and opportunities for student and staff mobility from four regions of Africa, offering support for Masters, Doctoral and short research, teaching and administrative visits between the consortium partners.
Field of Study: The eligible fields of study for the ACADEMY project are:
Business, administration and law, Natural sciences, Information and Communication Technologies, Engineering, manufacturing and construction, Agriculture, forestry, fisheries and veterinary.
Type: Masters, PhD, Short course
Eligibility: Applicants for all types of scholarships must:
- Be nationals and residents in any of the eligible African countries.
- Have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of courses in the host country.
- Fulfill the criteria of one of the target groups below:
Target Group 1 (TG1)
- For Master and PhD credit-seeking mobility applicants: Students must be registered in one of the five partner universities: Université de Tlemcen (Algeria), University of Cape Coast (Ghana), Kenyatta University (Kenya), University of Ibadan (Nigeria), and University of KwaZulu-Natal (South Africa).
- For staff: Staff must be working in one of the five partner
Target Group 2 (TG2)
- For credit-seeking mobility applicants: Students must be registered in any African Higher Education Institution.
Selection Criteria: The home and host universities of the consortium will work together to evaluate the applications based upon the following criteria:
- Academic merit.
- Motivation for the mobility period.
- Language skills.
- Research Project (for PhD).
- Research/Teaching/Working Plan (for academic and administrative staff).
- Scientific Production/Previous experience (for academic and administrative staff).
In addition to these academic criteria, the following administrative criteria will be taken into account:
- Relevance of the mobility for both the host university and the home university.
- Equal geographic representation of the partner universities in the mobility scheme.
- Equity considerations for designated groups (Female, candidates with disabilities or in social/political vulnerable situation, …).
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The Scholarship covers:
- Monthly subsistence allowance for the entire mobility period
- Extra allowance per academic year to female students (for mobility equal to or longer than two academic years)
- Settling in allowance (for students only)
- Roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs – for mobility equal to or longer than two academic years, two roundtrip tickets will be provided (arranged by the coordinating institution on behalf of students)
- Comprehensive insurance (Health, Accident and Travel) (arranged by the coordinating institution on behalf of students)
- Participation costs such as tuition fees, registration fees and service fees where applicable (paid directly to the hosting institutions)
- Research costs for students on mobility for 10 months or more (based on actual research needs and dependent on a request submitted by the students).
Duration of Award:
- Credit-seeking scholarships (for Masters and PHD students): Students who are registered for full-degree studies at their home institution will be able to apply to spend a study period (6 or 10 months) at one of the partner institutions in the consortium and return to their home institution after the exchange period to complete their degree at the home institution.
- Degree-seeking scholarships (for Masters and PhD students) Students will be able to apply for full degree scholarship (20 months for Master and 36 months for PhD)for completion of a Masters or PhD degree at one of the partner African Higher Education Institutions in the Consortium.
- Academic and administrative staff scholarships Staff employed at a partner African Higher Education Institution of the Consortium will be able to apply for short term mobility opportunities (1, 2 or 3 months) which could include benchmarking exercises, sabbatical research periods, guest lecturing, curriculum development, knowledge and resource sharing trips etc.
How to Apply: Apply via Programme Webpage.
- It is important to go through all application requirements including Guidelines on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.