15th EEP Africa Call for Proposals (CfP15) for Early-Stage Energy Projects in Africa
EEP Africa invites applications from early stage off-grid and on-grid clean energy projects in active development phase in Southern and East Africa.
Application Deadline: 2nd April 2019 13:00 (Helsinki time, GMT +3).
Eligible Countries: Eastern and Southern African countries:
Botswana, Burundi, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
About the Award: The 15th EEP Africa Call for Proposals (CfP15) is focusing on promoting gender inclusion and creating economic and leadership opportunities for women across the clean energy sector.
Type: Grants, Entrepreneurship
Eligibility: CfP15 is a gender-themed call. EEP Africa is looking for applications that propose and test innovative and best practise approaches to promote gender inclusion and create opportunities for women in the clean energy sector whilst also supporting the core business objectives of the applicants. These approaches may include, but are not limited to:
- Inclusion of women in value chains
- Development of women entrepreneurship, leadership & women-friendly working cultures
- Promotion of women’s economic empowerment through productive use
- Increase of access to energy finance for women (entrepreneurs and end users)
- Development of women’s networks
We specifically welcome applications from women entrepreneurs and women-led organisations.
Selection Criteria: We are looking for projects with strong Concept Innovation, Development Impact, and Business Model & Financial Sustainability.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Under CfP15, applicants can apply for early-stage grants and repayable grants between EUR 200,000 —500,000. The minimum required co-financing is 30% of the total project budget.
- Projects with a focus on the preparation of feasibility studies for an on-grid and/or utility scale development, which is approaching a clearly definable financial close, are considered for repayable grants. All other projects are eligible for grant financing.
How to Apply: Eligible applicants are invited to submit Concept Notes via EEP Africa’s online application form.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying