Microsoft is opening an engineering office in Africa to build Mixed Reality and AI. It is going to be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Job number: 595159
To be taken at (country): Lagos, Nigeria
About the Award: In Cognition, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, building a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together. The world’s first untethered, head-mounted holographic computer, the HoloLens was an example of this.
We are launching a Cognition Africa engineering team to build Mixed Reality Cloud Services that bring those technologies to a wider range of devices. Do you want to join us on this journey? We are offering opportunities for passionate Software Engineers to help us build the team and suite of cloud services which bring these capabilities to the cloud. Are you looking for your next technical and career growth challenge? Does this sound like your dream job? We’d love to hear from you.
- 3+ years’ experience in Software Engineering
- Experience building, releasing, and supporting applications or services in a modern programming language using a common application or services stack
- Experience shipping cloud services, networked applications or distributed systems
- Proven track record of multidisciplinary capabilities
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience working with distributed engineering teams
- Proven track record working with concurrent programming concepts like asynchronous operations, distributed consensus and parallelism preferred but not required
- Experience with Kubernetes & Golang preferred but not required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Number of Awards:
Value of Award: Microsoft is developing many new cloud services using AI and machine perception to enable rich, cross-platform Mixed Reality experiences. They are a growing team of hardworking engineers putting technology on a human path across all devices. As a member of the team:
- You will deliver high-quality code components that will power the services, servers, distributed systems, networking and backend architecture for our products
- You will play multiple, often divergent roles to ensure the success of our newly built engineering team
- You will work with industry-leading scientists and engineers to bring the latest AI, Machine Learning and Computer vision capabilities to the cloud
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Duration of Programme: Fulltime
How to Apply: Apply here
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying