One World Media Fellowship 2019 for Journalists in Developing Countries
One World Media Fellowship is aimed at aspiring journalists and filmmakers, who seek to make a career out of reporting the global south, raising awareness about the developing world and breaking down prejudices.
Application Deadline: 10th April 2019
Eligible Countries: International
About the Award: Working in film, print, audio or multimedia, our Fellows’ projects bring together integrity and creativity to present underreported stories that break down stereotypes and build cross-cultural connections.
We guide filmmakers and journalists on a single project, and provide a supportive network of mentors and peers through the production and completion of their project.
We seek to champion diverse emerging talent, and particularly encourage submissions from BAME applicants as well as from people from and based in developing countries.
- We are open to applications from all around the world.
- One World Media Fellows are aspiring filmmakers and journalists ready to take the next leap in their career reporting from developing countries. Looking for their first director role or solo investigation, our Fellows experiment and learn in a supportive environment.
Number of Awards: We select 12 Fellows each year, and we reserve at least 3 spots for international Fellows from and based in developing countries.
Value of Award:
- £1,000 production grant
- Executive Producer for your project
- Career mentorship
- Workshops and webinars by industry experts
- Fair Reporting and Security Guidance
- Introductions to commissioners
- Network of like-minded Fellows and Alumni
How to Apply: How To Apply
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying