Oxford Nuffield Department of Medicine (NDM) Summer Internship Programme 2019 for African Students
The Nuffield Department of Medicine offers opportunities for summer internships to undergraduate and Masters students from some of our key collaborating countries.
Application Deadline: 28th February 2019.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: You will get the opportunity to work in a laboratory environment with an Oxford University Principal Investigator (PI) and their team in the Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine for a period of approximately eight weeks. You will also get the opportunity to live in Oxford – one of the most beautiful and historic cities in the UK.
The summer internships are open to outstanding students about to enter the final year of their undergraduate science degree of final year of a Masters degree in the biological or medical sciences. You are welcome to contact one of our Principal Investigators (PIs) with whom you are interested in working, but it is not compulsory to contact them before you apply. Please refer to the list of supervisors who are interested in hosting a summer intern.
- You should be considering applying to undertake doctoral-level research within one of NDM’s research themes
- You must be from one of the countries mentioned below (see Funding)
- You should have an excellent GPA
- You should be fluent in English
- You must be available to come to Oxford for approximately 8 weeks during the summer, preferably for July & August 2019 (please indicate the period when you would be available when you apply)
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: Up to five internships are available (supported by the AfOx initiative) to applicants who have been legally resident in an African country for at least one year out of the last five years. These internships will include support for travel costs as well as living costs while in Oxford.
Duration of Programme:
- Internship duration is 2 months
- Interviews will take place 12 and 15 April 2019.
How to Apply:
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying