International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) Graduate Fellowship 2020 – Kenya, Ethiopia
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit two PhD Graduate Fellows to undertake research in “Veterinary public health.”.
Application Deadline: 15th January 2020
About the Award: The fellow will be hosted by the Animal and Human Health Program at ILRI. He/she will support a range of research project within the veterinary public health domain. The nature of the work will depend on the projects that he will effectively support, but these are likely to include:
- Data analysis for past projects: Safe food, fair food Cambodia; mPig; cow killer (multi-pathogen cattle exposure survey), and others
- UrbanMarkets: pull-push project: value chain mapping (poultry and vegetable value chains) in Ethiopia and Burkina Faso
- TARTARE project: estimation of foodborne related health burden
- A detailed plan of activities will be developed upon arrival to ILRI and revised every 3 months to accommodate changes in the ongoing projects.
Animal and Human Health program seeks to effectively manage or eliminate livestock, zoonotic and food-borne diseases that matter to the poor through the generation and use of knowledge, technologies and products, leading to higher farmer incomes and better health and nutrition for consumers and livestock. https://www.ilri.org/research/programs/animal-and-human-health
Type: PhD, Fellowship
- Currently pursuing a PhD in related field OR affiliated to a research institution, academia, national program.
- DVM and a MSc in epidemiology, public health or related field.
- Proven strong quantitative skills.
- Proven experience on organizing and conducted field epidemiological studies.
- Interest in working in low- and middle-income countries.
- Experience in qualitative data analysis will be an advantage
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: ILRI will offer a stipend to cover living expenses in the project location, medical insurance and cover research expenses. The successful candidate will be required to acquire and show proof of travel insurance before the commencement of the fellowship, where applicable.
Responsibilities: The fellow will be assigned specific responsibilities within each of the projects. These will include:
- Supporting design of research projects
- Data analysis and report/publication writing
- Work with national and international partners towards the achievement of the project objectives
- Give seminars and presentations within ILRI as agreed
- Support, within his capacities, the capacity development of junior research staff in the program.
- Deliver in all pre-agreed deliverables based on the plan of activities developed at the beginning of the fellowship.
Duration of Programme: 12 months
How to Apply: Applications should be made to the Head of Capacity Development through ILRI’s recruitment portal http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 15 Jan 2020. The position title and reference number GF/ILRI/AHH/11/2019 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
How to Apply to Win DAAD Scholarship in Germany
15 Inspiring Lessons from 5 African Billionaires for Young People
How to Apply For Commonwealth Scholarship – Tips To Apply To Win