TWAS Young Affiliates Programme for Researchers from Developing Countries 2018
The World Academy of Sciences Regional Office for sub-Saharan Africa (TWAS-ROSSA) invites you to nominate suitable candidates for the 2018 TWAS Young Affiliates.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2018.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
About the Award: The honour is given to researchers from developing nations who have at least 10 international publications. The nominees should show potential for a high-impact career. During their five-year tenure, Young Affiliates build networks with other affiliates and with elected TWAS Fellows. They also attend international conferences such as the TWAS General Meeting where they make contributions and are exposed to mentoring as well as collaboration opportunities. The five selected TWAS Young Affiliates will also be part of and work closely with the TWAS Young Affiliates Network (TYAN) which was established in 2016 during the 27th TWAS General Meeting in Kigali, Rwanda.
Type: Award, Research
Eligibility: To be eligible for the TWAS Young Affiliates:
- Nominations are invited from TWAS and AAS fellows, Members of National Academies and fellows, Members of National Young Academies of Science, Research Institutions, Research Councils, Universities, Government entities and other such bodies that have or know this talent in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Nominations of female and young scientists from Science and Technological Lagging Countries is highly encouraged.
- Nominees must be aged 40 or less and living and working in a developing country.
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award:
- Young Affiliates build networks with other affiliates and with elected TWAS Fellows.
- They also attend international conferences such as the TWAS General Meeting where they make contributions and are exposed to mentoring as well as collaboration opportunities.
Duration of Programme: 5 years
How to Apply: All nominations for the TWAS Young Affiliates must be forwarded to [email protected] by 31 May 2018. Please note that late submissions will not be considered.
Award Providers: TWAS-ROSSA
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
The 10 Most In Demand Professions In The World Today
10 Lessons We Learned From Self Publishing a Book
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World