Science and Language Mobility Scheme Africa for African Researchers 2018
The Science and Language Mobility Scheme Africa programme seeks to increase intra-Africa research collaboration between English and French-speaking African scientists while breaking language and cultural barriers to allow scientists to learn from each other and better address the health and development challenges facing the continent.
Application Deadline: 25th May 2018.
Eligible Countries: African countries
About the Award: The Science and Language Mobility Scheme Africa is a five-year programme that funds researchers from Anglo and Francophone Africa to undertake scientific research in language regions other than their own. The programme seeks to build language skills and cultural capabilities of researchers as they undertake their projects, a strategy towards addressing one of the barriers to intra- Africa scientific collaboration.
It is a collaboration between the African Academy of Sciences, Wellcome and Institut Pasteur providing travel grants for short term visits of up to six months to African researchers. At the AAS, the scheme will be implemented through the Alliance for Accelerating Excellence in Science in Africa (AESA).
Scope: Science and Language Mobility Scheme Africa is a closed call. Applicants will be grantees funded through the AAS and the NEPAD Agency’s AESA platform, such as the Human Hereditary and Health in Africa (H3 Africa), the Developing Excellence in Leadership, Training and Science (DELTAS) Africa, and Institut Pasteur networks.
The scientific scope of applications should focus on biomedical science and public health of relevance to national, regional or global health.
Eligibility: You should:
- Be a citizen of an African country
- Be based in Africa
- Be affiliated with a recognised academic, medical or research institution that is part of either the DELTAS Africa, H3Africa, or Institut Pasteur networks. For-profit organisations are not eligible
- The call is also open to non-African investigators who must be resident in Africa (evidence may be requested), have an appointment/affiliation with an African institution, and their residence and tenure of service with the appointing African institution should cover the duration of the award.
- Possess a PhD or postdoctoral fellowship or equivalent research qualification/professional experience.
- Hold a permanent or fixed-term contract in an eligible institution which must span the duration of the exchange.
While applications that involve existing collaborations will be considered, applications from new collaborations, young/early-career researchers (postdoctoral researcher not in an established academic post), and a diverse range of applicants, particularly female are strongly encouraged.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The Award provides travel grants for short term visits of up to six months to African researchers.
How to Apply: Apply here
Award Providers: African Academy of Sciences, Wellcome and Institut Pasteur
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It