Call for Submission: CODESRIA 2018 Democratic Governance Institute for African Academics and Researchers
The Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) is pleased to announce the call for submission of proposals from academics and researchers in African universities and Research Centres for the 2018 session of its annual Democratic Governance Institute.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2018
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Arusha, Tanzania.
About the Award: The 2018 Institute is being organised in partnership with the South African Research Chair in Social Policy. The Institute will be held in Arusha, Tanzania on the theme “Governing Africa’s Social Policy: Subverting Development and Democracy?”. The Democratic Governance Institute, launched in 1992 by CODESRIA, is an annual interdisciplinary forum which brings together about fifteen researchers from various parts of the continent and the Diaspora, as well as some non-African scholars who are undertaking innovative research on topics related to the general theme of governance.
- Applicants who wish to be considered as laureates should be PhD candidates or scholars in their early career with a proven capacity to conduct research on the theme of the Institute.
- Intellectuals active in the policy process and/or social movements and civil society organizations are also encouraged to apply.
Number and Value of Awards:
- The number of places offered by CODESRIA at each session is limited to fifteen (15). CODESRIA will however provide for five (5 mics from the Diaspora and Non-African scholars who are able to fund their participation may also apply for a limited number of places. It is absolutely important that applicants demonstrate a serious engagement with this call for applications in their proposals.
Duration of Program: 18th-29th June 2018
How to Apply: Applications for participation as laureate should include:
- 1. One duly completed application form;
- 2. An application letter;
- 3. A letter indicating institutional or organizational affiliation;
- 4. A curriculum vitae;
- 5. A research proposal not more than ten (10) pages including a descriptive analysis of the work the applicant intends to undertake, an outline of the theoretical interest of the topic chosen by the applicant, the relationship of the topic to the problematic and concerns of the theme of the 2018 Institute;
- 6. Two (2) reference letters from scholars or researchers known for their competence and expertise in the candidate’s research area (geographic and disciplinary), including their names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses;
- 7. A copy of the passport.
Applicants are requested to use the following link http://codesria.org/submission to submit their proposals.
The deadline for the submission of applications is 30 April 2018. Selected applicants will be notified by15th May 2018. Laureates are required to revise their proposals which will be presented during the Institute as a draft research paper. Draft papers should be submitted to CODESRIA not later than 10th June 2018. Laureates will be required to work on their papers during the Institute in preparation for publication after the Institute.
Award Providers: CODESRIA
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Top 10 Jobs that’ll Pay You to Travel the World