ISESCO Research Grants are awarded for high-level and promising scientific research projects in the fields of agricultural biotechnology, biological sciences, and medicinal plants, among others.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2018
Eligible Countries: Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Member Countries
About the Award: The ICPSR (ISESCO Centre for Promotion of Scientific Research) grant program is designed to give researchers an opportunity to gain experience in their academic field by working as a Research Assistant on a faculty member’s research project or on their own project under the close guidance of academic institution or scientific research center. These grants are intended to help in preparing researchers to undertake their own future research projects and to provide supplemental financial assistance.
Field of Research: Grants are provided in the fields of research:
- Health biotechnology
- Information and communication technologies
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Engineering Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Frontier Areas of Science and Technology
- Medicinal Plants
- Applied Sciences
Type: Research Grants
- Applicants should be national residents of OIC member states;
- They should hold a Ph. D. in the field in which the grant is requested.
- Researchers should also hold a position in a public sector, university or public research institution where projects are proposed.
- The grants are given to young outstanding scientists under the age of 40 years from OIC member states where basic tools of research are seriously lacking.
Selection Criteria: The applicant must fill in the application form through ICPSR website. The researcher must include an essay of at least 300 words that describes what they hope to accomplish academically/professionally/personally through this grant. The applicant must also provide a project description. The applicant must submit a letter of endorsement and CV, and provide a project description of at least 300-500 words (limit 7000 total characters) discussing:
- The overall scope of the project and the researcher role.
- The academic and professional experience the student will receive.
- The approximate number of hours per week the researchers will spend on the project.
Selection: The selection process is competitive. ICPSR program managers will review and evaluate each joint application and consider whether the researcher will be appropriately supervised and has the personal commitment to gain academically and become better prepared to undertake their own research in the future through this project and the mentoring of the Faculty or research institutions. Researchers and their institutions will be notified about the final selection decisions.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Researchers are awarded a maximum amount of US$10,000.00, which is normally provided for a period of two years.
- A grant may be used to purchase scientific apparatus, consumable material and specialized literature at competitive rates. Personal computers are not covered under this scheme.
- The grant does not cover salaries and travel expenses.
- Requests for additional grants to allow the extension of a successful project will be considered by ISESCO, subject to the condition that ISESCO program managers approve a satisfactory final report on the previous grant.
Duration of Program: 2 years
How to Apply: Application forms are available in Program Webpage (see Link below)
Award Providers: ICPSR (ISESCO Centre for Promotion of Scientific Research)