Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung/Uganda Martyrs University Bachelor and Masters Scholarships for African Students 2018/2019
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS), in collaboration with Uganda Martyrs University (UMU) announces scholarships for Bachelor and Masters degree programmes in four disciplines listed below.
Application Deadline: 4th May, 2018.
Eligible Countries: Uganda, South Sudan
To be taken at (country): Uganda
About the Award: The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS), in collaboration with Uganda Martyrs University(UMU) announces scholarships for Bachelor and Masters Degree programmes in four disciplines, namely:
(1) Local Governance and Human Rights (Bachelor and Masters Degree),
(2) Democracy and Development Studies (Bachelor Degree),
(3) Development Studies (Masters Degree),
(4) Research and Public Policy (Masters Degree).
Type: Bachelor and Masters taught
- Applicants must be citizens of either Uganda or South Sudan and should not be more than 30 years for bachelors programmes, and 35 years for masters programmes;
- Applicants must have proof of academic excellence in previous levels of education;
- Applicants shall provide a motivational letter indicating why they desire to undertake the particular course; applicants holding leadership positions or portray potential for future leadership may have an added advantage;
- Current or past employment in relevant programme areas and/or engagement in social, developmental and/or political sphere(s) may be an additional advantage; ➢ Priority will be given to applicants with genuine financial need
- Priority will be given to applicants with genuine financial needs
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- For successful candidates, the scholarship shall cover the cost of tuition and the residential workshops as charged by the university.
- The student is expected on his/her own or through other sources to meet the cost of transport, books, research and other expenses on the study.
- Successful candidates from South Sudan shall have the cost for international air or bus tickets to Uganda as well as their visa for the residential workshops covered under the scholarship.
- The student shall however still meet all costs of inland travel either in Uganda or South Sudan.
How to Apply:
- A personal statement (letter of motivation) providing the following information:
- An explanation of the reason for applying for financial support from KAS
- A statement of the applicant’s academic goals and interests
- A description of the relevant work experience (or social political engagements) related to the chosen programme of study
- An outline of the applicant’s career objectives and how the study programme will help in the achievement of these goals
- A complete and up-to-date curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages);
- Copies of relevant transcripts from schools or universities;
- Proof of admission to UMU or evidence of having applied for any of the programmes under the scholarship scheme;
- Two letters from referees (professional or academic), signed and sealed.
Complete Applications should be addressed to: The Country Representative Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung and be delivered as follows:
- Either by email to: email@example.com
- Or by post to Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung P.O. Box 647, Kampala
- Or hand delivered to Plot 51A, Prince Charles Drive, Kololo
Award Provider: The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung, in collaboration with Uganda Martyrs University (UMU)