Global Korea Summer Scholarship 2023 for Undergraduate African and Latin American Students
The GKS (Global Korea Summer Scholarship) for African and Latin American Undergraduate Students is for outstanding undergraduate students from Latin America and Africa to apply for this training program designed to provide in-depth academic training and invaluable experience in Korea.
Application Deadline: Specific deadline will vary according to the training institution (Generally April. Apply today)
Eligible Countries: African and Latin American countries
To Be Taken At (Country): South Korea
About the Global Korea Summer Scholarship: The program seeks to nurture future leaders who will contribute to the development of global society and to friendship between Korea and their home country.
Eligible Fields of Study: Candidate may be currently studying in an academic field such as Computer Engineering, Game Engineering or Digital Design
Type: Undergraduate, Short course
Eligibility for Global Korea Summer Scholarship:
- Be a citizen of an African or Latin American country
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student in the second to fourth year at a university/college located in an African or Latin American country
- Be fluent in English
* Priority will be given to the applicants with Korean fluency.
- Be mentally and physically healthy
- Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean culture and life in Korea
Number of Awards: 80 undergraduate students in total (40 from Africa, 40 from Latin America)
Value of Global Korea Summer Scholarship:
- NIIED and/or the training institutions will be responsible for round trip air ticket, room and board during the duration of the program, and traveler’s insurance.
- Participants will be responsible for transportation fare in his/her country, visa fee, etc.
Duration of Program: July ~ August (5 weeks)
How to Apply for Global Korea Summer Scholarship: Interested candidate should contact their preferred universities/training institutions to apply for this scholarship.
Award Providers: Korean Government