University of Sussex Undergraduate Scholarships 2019/2020 for International Students
The Sussex Excellence Scholarship is a merit-based award recognising, and rewarding, students who achieved excellent academic performance before joining the University.
Application Deadline: 1st September 2019
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligibility: To be eligible to be considered for this scholarship, if you are not entitled to receive the award automatically, you must:
- be taking up your place as an undergraduate student in Sep 2019
- submit a scholarship application before the deadline
- receive very high grades (approximately top 10%)
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- are going to study a Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS) degree
- if you are repeating your first year at Sussex
- do not accept the University of Sussex as your firm choice
- do not meet the specified minimum requirement
- defer your place to 2020, as you would need to be considered again in 2020
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value and Duration of Scholarship:
- You receive £2,000 cash maintenance during your first year of study.
- You receive the scholarship during your first year, as two identical payments of £1,000. The first is paid in November 2019 and the second in March 2020.
How to Apply:
- There is no separate scholarship application; you will be automatically awarded the scholarship if you meet the eligibility criteria.