Apply: US Government Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) 2020
Did your exchange program inspire you to change the world? What could you do for your community with $25,000? Apply for the Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund.
Application Deadline: 28th February 2020
Eligible Countries: International
About the Award: The Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) provides small grants to teams of past and current participants of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs to carry out public service projects using the skills and knowledge they gained during their exchange experiences.
This year, teams must submit a justification explaining all proposed budget expenditures. The budget justification will help you think through your project and budget more carefully by providing greater detail and explanation of budget items.
- A budget justification helps the reviewers better understand the costs of your project.
- Not sure what a budget justification is? Check out the AEIF Help Desk for examples.
With this change, a complete application package consists of: a proposal, alumni team information, and a budget with a budget justification.
Themes: One theme: Women, Peace, and Security
The theme of Women, Peace, and Security includes projects that:
- Strengthen the role of women in peace, security, and governance;
- Engage women as partners in preventing terrorism and countering radicalization and recruitment;
- Promote protection of women and girls from violence, abuse, and exploitation; or,
- Support women’s political, economic, and civic participation.
- Alumni must be verified members of the International Exchange Alumni (IEA) global online community and form teams of at least three (3) IEA community members (this number includes the team leader).
- Alumni who are U.S. citizens may not submit proposals but U.S. alumni may participate as team members in a project.
- All project activities and initiatives must take place outside of the United States.
- Proposed projects must address one of the five AEIF themes below.
- To participate in AEIF, you must log into the International Exchange Alumni site (IEA), then go to alumni.state.gov/aeif, and click on the “Apply for AEIF” button. This will take you to the AEIF application on FluidReview where you may begin the proposal form. Only by signing into IEA and navigating to the Fluid Review platform will you be able to successfully participate in the AEIF competition and submit your proposal and budget. Need an account or don’t remember your password? Get help with your account here.
- In order to successfully submit your proposal, you must fill out the entire online form and attach the budget form. You may save your edits and complete your proposal in more than one sitting, but once you submit your proposal, you may no longer make changes.
- Proposals and budgets sent via email will not be accepted.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: $25,000
How to Apply: Apply Here
Award Providers: US State Department
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
How to Stop Being Broke - 9 Things to Do
Why Rwanda Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa
14 Things You Need To Know About Wealth across Africa