BFWG Prizes are awarded in competition to female 3rd Year Ph.D. students of any nationality studying at a British University.
Application Deadline: 22nd February 2020
To Be Taken At (Country): Britain
About the Award: The British Federation of Women Graduates scholarships are for women who will be in their third year of doctoral studies or part time equivalent at the time when the awards are given out n October/November of each year. The awards are given on the basis of evidence of academic excellence as shown on the application form, referee reports and, for those shortlisted, brief presentations of their research to a panel of academics.
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for a BFWG award for the year, candidate must be:
- A female postgraduate student who commenced full time doctoral studies (PhD, DPhil, DMus etc.) between September 1st 2017 and October 31st 2018 or a part time student at an equivalent stage of her studies.
- Registered at a university in England, Wales or Scotland (not Northern Ireland).
- Awards are given to help with on-going doctoral work rather than as prizes at the end of doctoral studies so please do not apply if you expect to submit your thesis before the end of February 2021 at the earliest.
- Awards are not given out unless fees for the year from October 2020 have been paid or are covered by available funds or waived by the university.
Selection Criteria: BFWG Scholarships (Academic Awards) are awarded in competition on the basis of overall academic excellence. In effect they are prizes for outstanding academic excellence. They are not intended to meet financial need.
Number of Awards: The number of awards made each year depends on the funds available and on the quality of the applications but six to ten awards are usually given.
Value of Award: The amounts offered in awards range upwards from £1000 with the average award being around £3000 and the maximum being £6000.
How to Apply: Only email applications will be accepted.
- To make an application for a BFWG award, download and complete the application form.
- Email this back to [email protected] giving the subject heading of your email ‘AWARD APPLICATION’ and at the same time ensure that you have followed the instructions for sending a £20 non-refundable administration fee through PayPal as described on the form.
- Please make sure that you record the reference number of your PayPal transaction, the date of the transaction and the name on the Paypal account from which the payment is made if this is not yourself or if it is under a different name from the one you use on your application form. (This is to clarify who has sent a payment We do not use the information for anything else).