Study in Canada: Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Scholarship Program 2019 for International Students at University of Guelph
The Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance (formerly OMAFRA-UofG Agreement) funds the Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Program to support the development of highly skilled graduates who can meet the changing demands of the agri-food and rural sector.
Application Deadline: 20th March, 2019 – 5:00pm
Eligible Countries: Canada and International
To Be Taken At (Country): Canada
About the Award: HQP scholarships are awarded to support future generations of researchers, policy-makers and innovators in agri-food.
The OMAFRA-U of G Partnership is committed to reaping social, economic, environmental and public health benefits through its programs. Through the Partnership, HQP scholarships are awarded to support future generations of researchers, policy-makers and innovators in agri-food.
Masters and PhD students complete research that meets OMAFRA’s research priorities and learn firsthand how forward-thinking research can be mobilized to have a positive impact on society.
The program provides $2.5 million over five years for graduate scholarships in OMAFRA-U of G research theme and priority areas, and has provided specialized agri-business and workplace experience for over 125 graduates to-date.
Type: Master’s (thesis-based) or PhD
Eligibility: To be eligible for the HQP Scholarship Program you must:
- be a Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, or studying under an international visa;
- have an A- (80%) average or better
- be entering your first semester of either a Master’s (thesis-based) or PhD program at the University of Guelph or be in semesters one, two, or three of your graduate studies with research related to the agri-food or rural sectors;
- not be an OMAFRA employee;
- not concurrently hold other major awards such as NSERC, OGS, SSHRC or CIHR.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Annual: $20,000 (M.Sc.) or $25,000 (PhD.); Total: $40,000 (M.Sc.) or $75,000 (PhD.)
Duration of Program: In-course applicants are eligible for up to three semesters (1 year) of M.Sc. funding or six semesters (2 years) for PhD.
How to Apply:
- Students apply on-line using the web-based Research Management System
- The two-part application form is completed by the student and their faculty advisor.
- The faculty advisor must be confirmed at the time of application.
- Have an RMS account? Access the login page for RMS to start an application
- Need an RMS account? Visit our RMS registration page to get a user name and password
- More program information on the HQP website
Award Providers: Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance (formerly OMAFRA-UofG Agreement) and Food from Thought