Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Scholarship Program for International Students at University of Guelph in Canada 2018
The OMAFRA – U of G Partnership funds the Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Program to support the development of highly skilled graduates who can meet the changing demands of the agri-food and rural sector.
Application Deadline: 19th March, 2018 – 5:00pm
Eligible Countries: Canada and International
To Be Taken At (Country): Canada
About the Award: HQP scholarships are awarded to support future generations of researchers, policy-makers and innovators in agri-food.
The OMAFRA-U of G Partnership is committed to reaping social, economic, environmental and public health benefits through its programs. Through the Partnership, HQP scholarships are awarded to support future generations of researchers, policy-makers and innovators in agri-food.
Masters and PhD students complete research that meets OMAFRA’s research priorities and learn firsthand how forward-thinking research can be mobilized to have a positive impact on society.
The program provides $2.5 million over five years for graduate scholarships in OMAFRA-U of G research theme and priority areas, and has provided specialized agri-business and workplace experience for over 125 graduates to-date.
Fields of Study: OMAFRA’s priorities are contained within the following seven theme areas:
- Agricultural Policy and Rural Development
- Bioeconomy – Industrial Uses
- Emergency Management
- Environmental Sustainability
- Food for Health
- Product Development and Enhancement through Value Chain Collaborations
- Production Systems (Plants and Animals)
Type: Master’s (thesis-based) or PhD
Eligibility: To be eligible for the HQP Scholarship Program you must:
- be a Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, or studying under an international visa;
- be entering your first semester of a Master’s (thesis-based) or PhD program at the University of Guelph;
- not have already started your graduate program;
- not be an OMAFRA employee;
- not concurrently hold other major awards such as NSERC, OGS, SSHRC or CIHR.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Students receive specialized in-class training in business, agriculture and commercialization, and have meaningful employment experiences during the work semesters that are included as part of their graduate studies.
Duration of Program: Master’s students (thesis-based) study for a maximum of two years, and Doctoral students for a maximum of three years.
How to Apply: The OMAFRA – U of G Research Program uses a web-based software called Research Management System (RMS) for processing HQP scholarship applications and reporting on projects.
You must register in the RMS before you can prepare an application. You do not need to register again if you have previously submitted a letter of intent (LOI) or full proposal to an OMAFRA-U of G Partnership program or an OMAFRA program through the RMS.
- have an RMS account? Access the login page for RMS to start an application
- need an RMS account? Visit our RMS registration page to get a username and password
Award Providers: OMAFRA – U of G Partnership
Important Notes: Students remember to allow enough time for your Faculty Advisor to complete Section Two of your application form.