Study in Canada: Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Scholarship Program 2019 for International Students at University of Guelph
The Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance (formerly OMAFRA-UofG Agreement) funds the Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Program to support the development of highly skilled graduates who can meet the changing demands of the agri-food and rural sector.
Application Deadline: 20th March, 2019 – 5:00pm
Eligible Countries: Canada and International
To Be Taken At (Country): Canada
About the Award: HQP scholarships are awarded to support future generations of researchers, policy-makers and innovators in agri-food.
The OMAFRA-U of G Partnership is committed to reaping social, economic, environmental and public health benefits through its programs. Through the Partnership, HQP scholarships are awarded to support future generations of researchers, policy-makers and innovators in agri-food.
Masters and PhD students complete research that meets OMAFRA’s research priorities and learn firsthand how forward-thinking research can be mobilized to have a positive impact on society.
The program provides $2.5 million over five years for graduate scholarships in OMAFRA-U of G research theme and priority areas, and has provided specialized agri-business and workplace experience for over 125 graduates to-date.
Type: Master’s (thesis-based) or PhD
Eligibility: To be eligible for the HQP Scholarship Program you must:
- be a Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, or studying under an international visa;
- have an A- (80%) average or better
- be entering your first semester of either a Master’s (thesis-based) or PhD program at the University of Guelph or be in semesters one, two, or three of your graduate studies with research related to the agri-food or rural sectors;
- not be an OMAFRA employee;
- not concurrently hold other major awards such as NSERC, OGS, SSHRC or CIHR.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Annual: $20,000 (M.Sc.) or $25,000 (PhD.); Total: $40,000 (M.Sc.) or $75,000 (PhD.)
Duration of Program: In-course applicants are eligible for up to three semesters (1 year) of M.Sc. funding or six semesters (2 years) for PhD.
How to Apply:
- Students apply on-line using the web-based Research Management System
- The two-part application form is completed by the student and their faculty advisor.
- The faculty advisor must be confirmed at the time of application.
- Have an RMS account? Access the login page for RMS to start an application
- Need an RMS account? Visit our RMS registration page to get a user name and password
- More program information on the HQP website
Award Providers: Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance (formerly OMAFRA-UofG Agreement) and Food from Thought
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Do Not Move To Germany If…
How To Study Abroad As An International Exchange Student
14 Business Ideas You Should Consider In 2020s