TRT World Fellowship 2018 for Emerging Journalists and Students (Fully-funded Training in Turkey)
TRT World Fellowship is an exciting initiative in Istanbul for young talent from around the world to get a unique hands-on experience in the field of change-inspiring journalism.
Application Deadline: 6th May 2018
To Be Taken At (Country): Istanbul, Turkey
About the Award: As TRT World, we invite you to take part in our journey in the international news landscape and meet our international team. The Fellowship will engage 15 talents, junior journalists and recent graduates, who are interested in the opportunity of producing balanced news with a humanitarian focus. You will join a diverse group of individuals from around the world including journalists, editors, broadcasters, researchers and freelancers.
The direct focus of this Fellowship Program is to reach people who want to get familiar with the perspective of TRT World, keep up with the changes in the media industry and improve their understanding of Turkish culture.
Type: Fellowship, Training
- Interested in international journalism
- Proficient English language speaker (Level C1 & C2)
- A recent graduate from university
- Commitment to engagement in the related fields
- Critical, creative and strategic thinking
- Submission of an essay based on a topic provided from the Fellowship Program
- Fellows show interest in the Turkish culture and history
Number of Awards: 15
Value of Award: Round air flight tickets and accommodation will be provided.
- Journalism Training: During the fellowship programme, you will work full time in TRT World while taking your experience to the next level through a demanding schedule of training which provides a 360-degree view of the modern media industry with professionals from a variety of backgrounds including journalists, editors, PR professionals, producers,reporters and videographers.
- Master Classes You will be engaged in weekly seminars, workshops and master classes emphasizing on journalism skills, cinematography, editing skills, documentary making, humanitarian programmes, Turkish culture and politics.
- Site Visits: The participants of the fellowship programme will also be provided site visits of institutions and news agencies. By joining trips to key Turkish cultural, political, media organisations and think-tanks, you’ll be able to understand cultural and historical background of Turkey.
Duration of Program: 2 months (25th June – 17th August 2018)
How to Apply: Application for admission to the TRT World Fellowship Program is completely online.
Please send your CV and answer the questions below in one PDF Document:
- Do you have any experience in the media sector (Internship, work Experience etc.)?
- Name fellowship or internship programs you have been involved with so far (if any)
- Write a cover letter (min. 300 Words) about your motivation to join the TRT World Fellowship Program
Award Providers: Türkiye Radyo Televizyon (Turkish Radio and Television).