Victoria University of Wellington Master of Drug Discovery and Development Scholarship 2019/2020 for International Students – New Zealand
The Ferrier Research Institute of the Victoria University of Wellington is offering eligible international candidates the opportunity to apply for an assistance scholarship to the value of $15,000 towards the tuition fees for this programme.
Application Deadline: 15th January 2020
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country):New Zealand
About the Award: The Ferrier Research Institute at Victoria University of Wellington, is leading the delivery of an exciting taught master’s programme, the Master of Drug Discovery and Development. This programme will equip graduates with the tools to enter the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and agrichemical sectors. The programme has been designed in consultation with international leaders in the pharmaceutical and related fields. In addition to a research project, students will benefit from coursework in a series of interdisciplinary subjects ranging from medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutical analytical chemistry and the formulation of drugs, to the regulatory framework in which pharmaceutical and similar companies operate and strategies to protect intellectual property. This degree is designed to provide students with a broad grasp of the pharmaceutical environment and can lead to PhD study in a related field.
The programme is targeted at students with degrees in chemistry or subjects such as biochemistry, biomedical science, pharmacy and pharmacology. General entry requirements are an undergraduate degree in Chemistry or a relevant life science subject such as Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Pharmacy, Pharmacology or other relevant subject, with a B+ average or higher grade; and acceptance by the relevant Head of School. For this scholarship, candidates are expected to have achieved an average of at least a B+ in 300-level Chemistry.
- The scholarship is open to all qualifying international candidates. ‘International’ means candidates who do not have New Zealand residency and who are not New Zealand citizens.
- Candidates must meet programme-specific eligibility criteria and university eligibility criteria. Candidates should check the university website to ensure that they meet these criteria.
- Candidates must obtain a suitable visa in order to study in New Zealand.
- The scholarship becomes payable on enrolment and must be used against tuition fees only.
- Holders of this scholarship will be expected to work on a research project under supervision of a Ferrier Research Institute staff member, on a project approved by the Director of the Ferrier Research Institute, or his delegated nominee.
Selection Criteria: Selection criteria include academic performance, publications and/or conference proceedings, referee reports, and any other tangible demonstration of academic or research ability.
Number of Awards: Varies
Value of Award: $15,000. For tuition fees only.
Duration of Program: Recipients are eligible to hold the scholarship for one year.
How to Apply: Candidates should submit their applications to Simon.Hinkley@vuw.ac.nz, including copies of complete academic transcripts, degree certificates, CVs (including the contact details of at least two academic referees who are familiar with the candidate, e.g. university lecturers at 300 level or higher, supervisors of research projects, etc. – candidates should include a statement that Ferrier Research Institute staff may contact the referees), letter of motivation and referee reports (at least one, from an academic/research supervisor of the candidate).
Award Providers: Ferrier Research Institute at Victoria University of Wellington