Scholarship in New Zealand
SCHOLARSHIPS IN NEW ZEALAND
New Zealand is famous for its national rugby team, Auckland City of Sails, indigenous Maori Culture and picturesque landscape. It is a home away from home for international students.
To apply for a New Zealand Government scholarship, ensure you meet all the criteria necessary for your eligibility. Ensure also that you record the eligibility results because they would be requested of you during your application.
Requirements in the application form include:
- Age requirements for New Zealand scholars.
- Immigration and visa requirements.
- Academic and English requirements.
- Your contribution to your country’s growth.
- Work experience.
However, if you do not meet the above requirements, you could apply for other scholarships in the country available for international students.
The scholarships include:
- The University of Canterbury First Year Scholarships
The University of Canterbury offers the scholarship to top achieving first year undergraduates at the university. The scholarship award is valued at $10000, $15000 or $20000.
- New Zealand International Scholarships
The New Zealand Government offers full tertiary scholarships for eligible international students to study at a New Zealand education institution or a Pacific university. Citizens of Africa, Pacific, Asia, Latin America, Caribbean and Commonwealth Countries are eligible for the scholarship. Full tuition fee, a living allowance (NZ$491 per week), an establishment allowance (NZ$3000), medical insurance, airfare (to and fro your home country, as well as within New Zealand) and research and thesis costs are the total package of the scholarship.
- The minimum age requirement is 18 years, except for Samoa scholars who could apply at the age of 17.
- Must contribute to the home country’s social welfare for at least, two years.
- Bachelor of Business (Organizational Technology Management)
The scholarship is for undergraduates who wish to study at the School of Management in Massey University. It is valued at NZ$29,370 per year.
- Bachelor’s Product Design, University of Canterbury Scholarship (partial funding)
The award of the scholarship is $5000 per annum for the period of two years.
- DairyNZ Undergraduate Scholarships in New Zealand
The scholarship is open for those in the department of Food Science and Agriculture and covers only the full tuition fees.
- Keir Trust Study Awards at Auckland University of Technology (partial funding)
The award is open for students who are looking for bachelor scholarship in New Zealand.
- Victoria Tongarewa Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington (partial funding)
The scholarship is open for both undergraduate and postgraduate students. The benefit is between $5000 and $10000. The applicant must submit a personal statement stating why he/she needs the scholarship.
- University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarships
Talented students (undergraduates and postgraduates) who demonstrate excellent academic achievements and have the potential to become global ambassadors are encouraged to apply. The scholarship overs the tuition and the amount is NZ$10000.
- ADB Scholarships at the University of Auckland
The scholarship is limited to Masters of Public Health, Environmental Science, Arts, International Business and Engineering. The applicants must have at least, two-year work experience, be below 35 and agree to return to home country after studies to qualify.
- New Zealand-ASEAN Awards
The scholarship is available for postgraduate diploma, Master’s degree and PhD. Preferred fields of study include agriculture, fisheries, renewable energy, disaster risk management, natural resources management, health and education.
- University of Otago International Research Master’s Scholarships
This award is to help in providing a fund to an international student who are undertaking a thesis-based Master’s degree at the university. The scholarship includes a tuition fee waiver for one year and NZ$15000 stipend only.
- University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships
The Scholarship is available for both domestic and international students and worth NZ$25000 per annum.
- Victoria Master’s Scholarships
Victoria University offers a full-time scholarship valued at NZ$15000 to research-focused Master’s students. The scholarship covers only stipend and domestic fees.
Applicants must be intending to enroll for a Master’s degree by thesis worth 90 points or more.
- One-page proposal.
- One academic reference.
- University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarship
The scholarship is valued at $22000
- New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships
The scholarship is offered annually. It is worth NZ$25000 for tuition, living expenses, and student levy; medical insurance coverage of NZ$600.
Top Universities in New Zealand
- University of Otago.
- University of Canterbury.
- Auckland University of Technology.
- Massey University.
- Lincoln University.
- Victoria University of Wellington.
- The University of Waikato.
- University of Auckland.
- Southern Institute of Technology.
Cost of Living in New Zealand
Living cost = NZ$15000.
Campus cost = NZ$13000.
Application opens for every year for New Zealand scholarships for international students every year
These include New Zealand development, government, Commonwealth Scholarships for short courses, undergraduate, master or PhD/doctoral degrees.
Start here to apply for scholarships in New Zealand for developing countries including Africa and international students from around the world.
Watch this Video on Top 10 Scholarships in New Zealand and Australia for International students.