FIG Foundation Academic Research Grants 2020 for Researchers from Developing Countries
The FIG Foundation will be providing research grants of up to 40,000 euros spread over four years. The grants are aimed at emerging researchers on the threshold of their research career.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2020.
Eligible Countries: Countries listed by the World Bank as a low-income, lower-middle or upper-middle income economy
About the Award: Grants will be awarded to a focussed research project. The grant holder is expected to conduct the bulk of the research themselves (it is not a research manager’s grant), but at the same time the development of highly qualified personnel (HQP) should be a major component of the project. Postgraduate students should be full time students, and this grant may financial support for their degree studies. However, the principal investigator should be intimately involved in the work.
There are two rounds to the competition. In the first round, applicants will provide the documents listed below. Second round applicants will provide a detailed application using the designated template, in a format similar to the Canadian Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) or Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) requirements.
Eligibility: Applicants shall:
- be based in a surveying/geomatics academic programme that teaches surveying in a country listed by the World Bank as a low-income, lower-middle or upper-middle income economy.
- have an established record of published research – at least two articles in good quality internationally recognised peer reviewed journals serves as a useful guideline, and
- have experience in managing postgraduate students.
Selection Criteria: Applications will be judged on the quality of the application and need. In the event that two excellent applications are judged to be of equal quality, applications from low-income and lower-middle income countries will be preferred.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Grants will be awarded to a focussed research project.
How to Apply:
- Applicants are not to contact Foundation members individually. Decisions are final. No correspondence will be entered into during or after the competition.
- It is important to go through the Application details on the Program Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
15 Inspiring Lessons from 5 African Billionaires for Young People
How to Apply For Commonwealth Scholarship – Tips To Apply To Win
Do Not Move To Germany If…