British Council Creative Enterprise Programme – East Africa 2019
In June 2019, the British Council in partnership with Nesta (the UK’s innovation Foundation) will deliver the Creative Enterprise Programme again to East Africa.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2019
Eligible Countries: This programme is available for creative entrepreneurs from Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda to attend the programme in Sudan or Uganda.
About the Award: The Creative Enterprise Programme is a four-day practical workshop that equips creative entrepreneurs with the tools and knowledge they need to succeed. Expert facilitators, as well as local market specialists, will provide face-to-face support to help entrepreneurs explore business ideas, develop their business proposition, and create a business model that suits their hopes and motivations.
This interactive programme brings Nesta’s Creative Enterprise Toolkit to life, and uses a mixture of practical exercises and activities that have been designed specifically for the programme.
Through the four days, participants explore key ways to:
- understand the building blocks that describe and will shape their business opportunity
- identify and better understand customers, and explore how the business will function and grow
- visualise the main components of the business and bring together the key elements of a business plan.
The Creative Enterprise Programme is designed to support entrepreneurs who are already in the process of setting up their own creative enterprise. The workshop content and activities are relevant to people whose businesses are up-and-running and those who are in the very early stages.
It’s suitable for people just starting out and for people who have been running a business for a long time, to take a fresh look at their business using new methods.
Type: Workshop, Entrepreneurship
Eligibility: All participants of the CEP must:
- Be a creative business, working in the relevant creative industry – fiction and nonfiction writers, editors, publishers, journalists, screenwriters, scriptwriters, illustrators, graphic novelists, comic artists, playwrights, bloggers and poets
- Have an already established enterprise or be in the later stages of developing an idea. This is typically a business no more than two years old but can be a more established business wishing to pause and consider their model through the CEP lens
- Be willing to share their knowledge and experience with the group in an open, supportive peer lead learning environment
- Come prepared to work on their business/idea, to progress through the programme, considering peer feedback, to strengthen their proposition
- Be open to supporting fellow participants in developing their idea through providing constructive feedback when appropriate
- Be available for the full duration of the programme.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Participation in the workshop is free.
- There are bursaries available to support participants from outside Abuja with flights, accommodation and breakfast and lunch each day.
Duration of Program:
- The programme will deliver a four-day workshop in Khartoum, Sudan from 24 – 27 June 2019, focusing on the following creative entrepreneur categories – graphic designers, visual artists, painters, mural designers, illustrators, fine arts and comic artists.
- The programme will deliver a four-day workshop in Kampala, Uganda from 05 – 08 August 2019, focusing on the following creative entrepreneur categories, performing artists, dancers, actors, fashion designers and filmmakers.
How to Apply: Please fill in the form by 31st May 2019.